British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 08-04-12, 06:10 PM
Member 2008-16- Rest in Peace

Default why the different design ??

Hello gentlemen,

I wonder if anyone can enlighten me ?

I was given a badge yesterday by David Wright ( a really pleasant surprise, thank you Sir ), we know ( think ) it is a Bandsmans' fur cap badge to the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers ??

I already had the all gilding metal version ( on the left ) but I would like to know the significance of the differences between the two badge designs and who would wear the bi-metal model, assuming the GM badge was for other ranks ??

As always, thanks in advance.

Dave.

PS. If the answer is so blatantly obvious that it makes me look a plank.....please PM me.

Dave.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My badges 3. 275.jpg (87.9 KB, 67 views)
Old 08-04-12, 08:20 PM

Maybe the older one is for the 'Fusilier Brigade'.

Marc
Old 08-04-12, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davec2 View Post
Hello gentlemen,

I wonder if anyone can enlighten me ?

I was given a badge yesterday by David Wright ( a really pleasant surprise, thank you Sir ), we know ( think ) it is a Bandsmans' fur cap badge to the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers ??

I already had the all gilding metal version ( on the left ) but I would like to know the significance of the differences between the two badge designs and who would wear the bi-metal model, assuming the GM badge was for other ranks ??

As always, thanks in advance.

Dave.

PS. If the answer is so blatantly obvious that it makes me look a plank.....please PM me.

Dave.
I'm only making an observation guys, 1 image shows a Queens Crown, the other not, could that be a significant point ?? (TA, ACF, CCF) or a pouch Belt Badge ??

From an outsider, looking in.

Ken (The Fatboy)

Ooops sorry, just seen it under the flame, as I said, "Outsider" =-O

Last edited by Fatboy Ken; 08-04-12 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Ooops
Old 08-04-12, 09:04 PM

How about a change of "Badge Maker" ??

The QC has changed from a Silver Crown to a Gilt Crown, could that mean something. ?

It has also moved from St George & Wreath, to the mouth of the Grenade and Flame !!
Old 08-04-12, 09:07 PM
Former Member

Dave,
I know we've chatted about these, but perhaps the all Gm badge is Royal Northumberland Fusiliers and the Bim Royal Regiment of Fusiliers?

Andy
Old 09-04-12, 09:33 AM

DOH,

I can now remember getting it from yourself for a very reasonable price, my memory is beginning to embarrass me ??

It is good enough however, to remember asking to be PM'd if the answer was going to make me look a ' plank '

Cheers mate........

Dave.
Old 09-04-12, 10:17 AM

Thanks to Andy P,

Both badges are shown in Robin Hodges, " Drummers' Full Dress Grenade badges ", even the ' mascot ' has one on it's collar !

Probably pre Brigade on the left, so a Northumberland Fusiliers and the amalgamated Brigade ( Royal Regiment of Fusiliers ), on the right.

So, two very nice badges ( if these rock your boat ), one as cheap as chips and one a present, even being as thick as two short planks I come out on top !!

Dave.