British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

   

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Civilian Services: Police, Prison Service, Fire Brigade, Merchant Navy, etc.

 Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH
 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 20-11-20, 07:55 PM
sailorbear sailorbear is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Littlehampton West Sussex
Posts: 609
Default WW1 - 1920's Metropolitan Police cap badge

Hi all. Can anyone provide an image of what a WW1 or 1920's Metropolitan Police cap badge, that would have been worn by constables working at the naval dockyards looks like? and tell me if they ever wore peaked caps or only helmets?

Thanks in advance

Tony
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20-11-20, 08:14 PM
altcar73 altcar73 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Formby, Merseyside
Posts: 1,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorbear View Post
Hi all. Can anyone provide an image of what a WW1 or 1920's Metropolitan Police cap badge, that would have been worn by constables working at the naval dockyards looks like? and tell me if they ever wore peaked caps or only helmets?

Thanks in advance

Tony
Very few wore caps apart from senior officers. The appended photo of insignia worn specifically by the Dockyard Divisions may be of interest.

Dave.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Metpol. Badges 2..jpg (76.6 KB, 50 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20-11-20, 08:23 PM
sailorbear sailorbear is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Littlehampton West Sussex
Posts: 609
Default WW1 - 1920's Metropolitan Police cap badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by altcar73 View Post
Very few wore caps apart from senior officers. The appended photo of insignia worn specifically by the Dockyard Divisions may be of interest.

Dave.
That's fantastic, many thanks, though don't think I'll be finding any of them on ebay!

Tony
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20-11-20, 08:29 PM
Phil2M's Avatar
Phil2M Phil2M is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Essex
Posts: 5,848
Default

Hi Tony,

Occasionally they show up on Ebay, they sell for 200 pounds or more each.
__________________
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 20-11-20, 08:35 PM
sailorbear sailorbear is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Littlehampton West Sussex
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil2M View Post
Hi Tony,

Occasionally they show up on Ebay, they sell for 200 pounds or more each.
Hi Phil, 200! bit more than Mrs Pink would let me part with!
Tony
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 20-11-20, 08:41 PM
Phil2M's Avatar
Phil2M Phil2M is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Essex
Posts: 5,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorbear View Post
Hi Phil, 200! bit more than Mrs Pink would let me part with!
Tony
I have resigned myself to never having any of them in my collection.
__________________
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:54 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.