British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-18, 09:07 PM

Default The Royal Regina Rifles cap badge

Hello all,

I am about to complete a long standing collection of badges to the
28th (North West) Battn CEF. The reason for the collection is that my Great Uncle (Sgt George Blake) was a member of the 28th and was awarded the DCM & MM, but sadly died at the end of WW1 from Influenza in 1920. You can find a post on the forum by placing his name or mine (Fatboy Ken) in the search engine above.

I received 2 very nice Canadian collar badges C/28 from Malcolm Davey of Watling Militaria, both maker marked (MM), although he stated on his website that he did not know which MM. After a little research I believe the MM to be "TIPTAFT".

Anyway, I am straying off of the subject;

To complete the collection I need to bring the Regiment forward to the 20th & 21st Century, I have the cap badge & collars to [The Regina Rifles]
I have noticed that this Regiment has been awarded the prefix "Royal" to become [The Royal Regina Rifles] in the 1980's.

My question is as follows;

I have been looking for a cap badge to the Royal Regina Rifles and sadly have had no success, is there a reason that I am missing here ?

If anyone has a spare cap badge, would it be possible to purchase it.

Thank you for your time

Ken (The Fatboy)