British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 21-11-18, 03:22 AM
Banned

Default Fake Rhodesian Tracker's patch

I thought I was finished with this rubbish but obviously not.
This seller has a 1st Rhodesian Regiment Tracker Combat Unit subdued shoulder patch for sale.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/153268080347?ul_noapp=true

I asked him why he thought it was genuine and he replied: 'This patch was part of a set of 5 that I purchased in the early 1990s from Manions Militaria Auction House. The patch is printed on OD fabric, The reproductions that I have encountered throughout the years are either embroidered on green twill or embroidered on a camo background. I’m not a dealer I’m a collector everything I’m selling was part of my 30 years collection and everything is been researched.' He the added: 'One more detail that I forgot to mention earlier is the black backing unique to these type of printed patches.'

My reply was: 'Ok this is my perspective on this patch. I have seen many of these style of patches across the Army, Air Force and BSAP and none of them ever had any material on the reverse.
Secondly I have seen the only three tracking patches for the Combat Tracking Unit and 4 RR. Because of that I can see numerous faults with this patch which means it is a fake.'

He replied: 'Thank you for your opinion but I disagree.'
My reply: 'You may well disagree but you are wrong.'
His reply: 'Nobody asked you for your opinion in the first place Mr. “authority”.'

Trust me when I say two things about this patch. Number one the photos of it are appalling and two it is a fake.