British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 16-07-19, 09:35 PM

Default Help - Please L@@k

Hello All,

Does anyone on the forum know or is in contact with a ....... from Taynulit in Argyll and Bute (eBay ID: .....)?

I won a Berkshire Yeomanry badge on eBay on 22nd of June and the seller mistakenly sent my badge to the chap above.

The badge has been delivered (signed-for) however Mr ........ has ignored all the sellers messages requesting the badge be returned and offering to pay the return postage and something for his inconvenience.

After realising the mistake the seller also sent Mr ........ the badge he won without first waiting for my Berks Y to be returned.

So Mr ........ now has 2 badges (1 unpaid for and mine), the seller is out of pocket and I’m missing my badge.

I’ve given it plenty of time hoping this gentleman may simply have just been a bit busy etc. but it’s almost a month now and I’m starting to worry he’s just decided to keep my badge.

Any help appreciated. Please PM if preferred.

Cheers,

Luke

Last edited by Luke H; 26-07-19 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 17-07-19, 12:36 AM

Hi Luke,

Sorry to hear of your dilemma but, I think you need to call time on this one as you only have 30 days to get your money back from eBay, so I would put your claim in now as you’re currently running at D -25. Besides, it’s the seller responsibility to get the badge back as they’re the ones who sent it to the wrong address in the first place. It’s unfortunate, but unless the seller pulls his/her finger out, then you’ll be -1 badge and - ££££. Also, I wouldn’t settle for anything less than all monies paid - including postage, for fear of being timed out with empty promises. I’d also add the recipient of the goods is probably only actually obliged to send it back to the seller anyway, that is if indeed they ever received it - despite what the seller claims.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Zob.
Old 17-07-19, 02:37 PM

Luke- the same seller sold a BY badge on the 22nd which looked a good version to me. The one that looks to have sold to you went for a very low amount and I doubt it was good. Get a refund and you wont have been landed with a 'ringer'. Regards, Paul.

Last edited by wardog; 18-07-19 at 07:15 PM.
Old 17-07-19, 07:20 PM

Thanks Zob and Paul.

Bit of an update, it seems Mr .......... has contacted the seller this morning and is returning the badge this week. It could of course be pure coincidence or perhaps this thread has been seen and helped somehow?

Paul - my badge is the good one, and a cracker at that hence why I’ve not given up easily. Mr Ferguson bought the dud but the seller mixed them up so he got sent my genuine badge... followed by his dodgy one too.

Also thank you to those who’ve PM me with messages of support, it’s greatly appreciated.

Fingers crossed some more positive news will follow shortly.

Cheers,

Luke

Last edited by Luke H; 26-07-19 at 11:42 AM.
Old 17-07-19, 10:08 PM

Ah, with you now- I see now you mentioned the 22nd- I got muddled with the attached thumbnail date. Regards, Paul. (I too would have persisted if I had won the bid...)

Last edited by wardog; 17-07-19 at 10:16 PM.
Old 18-07-19, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke H View Post
Thanks Zob and Paul.

Bit of an update, it seems Mr Ferguson has contacted the seller this morning and is returning the badge this week. It could of course be pure coincidence or perhaps this thread has been seen and helped somehow?

Paul - my badge is the good one, and a cracker at that hence why I’ve not given up easily. Mr Ferguson bought the dud but the seller mixed them up so he got sent my genuine badge... followed by his dodgy one too.

Also thank you to those who’ve PM me with messages of support, it’s greatly appreciated.

Fingers crossed some more positive news will follow shortly.

Cheers,

Luke
Zip..........

Last edited by leigh kitchen; 18-07-19 at 07:36 PM.
Old 18-07-19, 07:19 PM

Luke- let us know if this gets sorted-I have amended my last post as concerned detail might cause the 'wrong' badge to be returned. Regards, Paul.
Old 18-07-19, 07:37 PM

Likewise.
Old 25-07-19, 06:43 PM

Update...

The badge has been returned and arrived with the seller today. It’s been immediately posted on to me today so fingers crossed it’ll arrive (and be the right one) by the weekend.
Old 25-07-19, 06:51 PM

Udate asap.
Old 26-07-19, 01:06 AM

Hi Luke

I did PM you on this one but I'm pleased to see that it would appear to have had a good result.

All power to The Forum!
Old 26-07-19, 11:39 AM

Thumbs up

1 month and 4 days later with a trip to Scotland and back this slow horse has got over the line!

Absolutely delighted, thanks everyone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9F2E3970-4610-4F49-8B1B-116012087380.jpg (110.1 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg F092DC2B-E5B0-4B57-BDC6-216C5EBEF6CA.jpg (116.5 KB, 53 views)
Old 26-07-19, 12:40 PM

Good news. Good example of what I call 'the bump on the nose' variation, with its usual distinctive slider. Regards, Paul.
Old 26-07-19, 05:05 PM

Cheers Paul. It’s a really nice crisp example and I’m very happy with it.

Hopefully I’ll be putting up a ORs Berks IY and Yeo album soon. The only badge I’m possibly missing is the silver AA badge - if it existed, need to do some more looking at old threads.
Old 26-07-19, 05:54 PM

Thumbs up

Luke,

Well done! I'm jealous