British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Other Army Departments and Corps Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 09-07-09, 02:08 PM

Default Honorary Chaplains to the Queen/King badges

Hello folks;
I was wondering how these are classified, are they a rank badge as such or an appointment badge?
Also I was wondering about the sizes of the badges, in relation to the badge for an Aide-de-Camp to the monarch, are they in effect the "same" design.
I haven't been able to find any references to them yet and I have lent out my Dress Regs 1935.
Thanks!
Old 09-07-09, 04:10 PM

KHC/QHC should be regarded as Appointment badges, although it is now invariably a CF1 who gets it.
The "ration" at present is for the top 4 Chaplains in each Service to be Hon Chaplains, and when a vacancy occurs names are forwarded to HM. She has been known to check on suitability!
One vacancy in the Army used to be reserved for the TA when a TA Chaplain could progress beyond CF3, and he was then usually a CF2.
QHC badges are the same size as those appointed ADC,QHS, QHP, QHNS, etc to HM. There are those attached to the Royal Household who wear smaller cyphers, and I do not know how these "work".
Old 09-07-09, 06:10 PM

Many thanks!
I was going to email you but the system wasn't working when I tried to log in so I went on to the forum after lunch at work and thought I'd ask the question on here.
Thank you for the information relating to the way the "ration" works!
I assume that the most senior TA Chaplain progression now is to CF3 only. I guess this is because there are not so many of them now?
A while ago I thought about getting a pair of KGVI ADC cyphers but I convinced myself they might be wrong. Ah well, as always we do live and learn.
Best Wishes.
Old 20-09-10, 05:04 PM

Has anyone spotted one of these badges lately? I have seen 3 or 4 in Bosleys old auction lots in the last couple of years, but haven't spotted one at a fair or on a dealer shop site as yet. Anyone got one for sale, I'm looking for a George 5th or 6th one.
Regards
Old 03-10-19, 02:28 PM

Default Hon Chaplain to the King

I have Edward VII and George V versions potentially for sale.
Old 03-10-19, 02:45 PM

Default Hon Chaplain to the King

Matt Gibbs, by ll means contact me.