British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 30-04-12, 10:26 PM

Default Hello all

Quick intro. 30 yr badge collector mainly cav/yeo 1900-1922. Looking forward to participating in discussions on badge collecting. Live in Thetford and they have just opened a new bi-monthly militaria fair here! although didn't see too much on offer at the opener

Regards,

Gar
Old 30-04-12, 11:21 PM

Hello and welcome! I'll get you started- any tips on how to spot a good Berkshire Yeomanry cap badge? Regards, Paul.
Old 30-04-12, 11:26 PM

Welcome to the forum.

I am sure that there will be a bunch of forum guys at the next Thetford Fair. I picked up a couple of good badges hidden amongst the German items and munitions last time. There were a handful of us there.

Phil
Old 01-05-12, 05:15 AM

Hello 21L welcome mate,same area of collecting as me Cav and yeo look forward to seeing some of your badges if you make an Album.

Wardog look for one with a die/cast back and on a slider heres mine.

All the best
Malc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg user51_pic46536_1311805215.jpg (82.1 KB, 22 views)

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover.
Old 01-05-12, 08:25 AM

Default Greetings

Hello 21L, I did go to the Thetford Fair and although not big on badges on this first time, I hope it will improve in that area. As Phil says there were a handful of people there and I hope we will meet up at the next one.
Rob
Old 01-05-12, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardog View Post
Hello and welcome! I'll get you started- any tips on how to spot a good Berkshire Yeomanry cap badge? Regards, Paul.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joachim View Post
Wardog look for one with a die/cast back and on a slider heres mine
Thanks guys for the kind welcome!

Paul and Malc, You chose a corker for me to open on There are a few variations for this badge and the IY version. I am happy to start a thread in the Cav/Yeo forum. See you there.

Gar
Old 01-05-12, 07:47 PM

Hi Rob and Phil,

I spoke to jeremy Tenniswood (Colchester) who was exhibiting and he remarked that the setup time the traders got was a bit on the ridiculous side. He was skeptical about returning unless they sorted this out before the next event.

Gar
Old 01-05-12, 07:58 PM

Hi,

I did notice that some of the sellers had not managed to unpack all their stuff before we got in. I suspect the doors were opened early, possibly due to the weather?

Phil
Old 01-05-12, 08:06 PM

Default Welcome

Hi Gar,
welcome from another Narfok resident, The fair was very welcome, I picked up a couple of nice bits for a very good price. Jeremy's concerns were taken on board and the organisers have altered the time the public will be allowed in, so it will open later and close a bit earlier for the next one. It is their first fair so they are learning and want to get it right. Its on the website www.norfolkfairs.com.
Regards

Steve
Old 01-05-12, 08:10 PM

OK Gar. I'll let you open a thread. I've just scaned my badge. Similar to the one Malc shows. I'd like to confirm it or get another as it's my home county. Cheers, Paul.
Old 02-05-12, 07:00 AM
Member 2010-21- Rest in Peace

Smile

G'day Gar

Welcome to the forum, there is lots of good cav knowledge here, lm sure there will be lots to keep you interested.

Regards

Phil
Doiwn Under.