British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Formation Signs and Patches

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 30-07-22, 03:08 PM

Default Black on Red Qualification and Trade Badges

I know that there are a lot of mistakes in the new MoD Defence Clothing Catalogues that deal with badges, but I thought I would run this one past you all.

There are a few Black on Red (Scarlet) badges that are designated for "Apprentices and Junior Soldiers of All Arms". Is it possible for an Apprentice and Junior Soldier to Qualify as a Sniper, Physical Training Instructor or Operational Parachutist?

Marc
Old 30-07-22, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Bty View Post
I know that there are a lot of mistakes in the new MoD Defence Clothing Catalogues that deal with badges, but I thought I would run this one past you all.

There are a few Black on Red (Scarlet) badges that are designated for "Apprentices and Junior Soldiers of All Arms". Is it possible for an Apprentice and Junior Soldier to Qualify as a Sniper, Physical Training Instructor or Operational Parachutist?

Marc
Marc

simple answer is no.....

Paul
Old 30-07-22, 06:35 PM

Marc,i think the Band of the Gurkhas wear black on red rank/trade badges so that would explain why they exist.
Old 30-07-22, 10:24 PM

Thanks for the replies. I know who should wear the badges where applicable, but, who ever has rewritten the COSA as a JSP and then the Defence Clothing Catalogue (DCC) does not. Must be very confusing for store staff, and any new collectors using the DCC as a reference.

Marc