British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 08-08-18, 06:26 PM

Default Badges in the Twilight Zone

A query about banned members’ albums, if I may?

I note that there are some albums on the forum compiled by members who are now banned. These albums do not seem to be accessible, though I may be wrong. Perhaps some members can access them, though I suspect not.

If this is the case, are these albums kept in cryonics for any particular reason, perhaps to be resurrected at some future point, or are they forever destined to remain in limbo, never to be seen again?

Hope that’s not an impertinent question.

With thanks,

JT
Old 08-08-18, 09:22 PM

I agree it does seem a shame, doesn't it say in the rules that any picture posted on the forum becomes the property of the forum? I like the idea that my albums could outlast me, its almost like immortality.

Rob
Old 08-08-18, 09:44 PM

Recently enquired about this myself JT. I still regularly correspond with an ex-member and a couple of members who do not contribute any more. A couple of these gentlemen have albums and in course emails about badges have referred me to their forum albums previously as points of references. However when I asked about accessing these I was told they are ‘gone’... yet it appears several exist and are visible in the All Albums list.

Cheers,
Luke
Old 08-08-18, 10:00 PM

It’s really none of my business, but I suppose curiosity got the better of me and I just wondered why these albums might be being kept if they are not intended to be accessible.

As I say, not really any of my business, just pure and simple nosiness inquisitiveness.

JT
Old 09-08-18, 07:02 PM

Yes i have wondered the same. Shame we can't view them.
Andy
Old 09-08-18, 07:12 PM

It is a shame not to see them if the are available. I had also noted the statement about images being the property of the forum- perhaps there has been objections from the ex/banned members? Regards, Paul.
Old 29-03-19, 08:40 PM

On at least some other forums the content including images becomes the copyright of the forum once posted.
Is that not the case with this forum? (That's right, I'm too idle to check through the book of rules).
Old 29-03-19, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh kitchen View Post
On at least some other forums the content including images becomes the copyright of the forum once posted.
Is that not the case with this forum? (That's right, I'm too idle to check through the book of rules).
I assume there must be issues regarding intellectual copyright, otherwise would the forum not be at liberty simply to continue to display any such images/albums previously belonging to former members?
Old 29-03-19, 09:35 PM

I do not know if it was the case for all Ex/banned members, before they were banned, some albums could only be visited ifyou were a forum friend of the owner. As they are now banned they do not have forum friends, therefore no one can access these albums. This is my understanding of the situation.
Eddie
Old 29-03-19, 09:47 PM

Post withdrawn... talking nonsense (again)
Old 29-03-19, 09:52 PM

Well, it is Friday night and the bar's still open and the pub WiFi on....... a dangerous combination.
Old 29-03-19, 09:56 PM

JT,

I think i went down the same rabbit hole as you - I am still looking for definitive information on sliders.

I put up a request and have had no response despite numerous posts elsewhere stating why a badge is this or that (or not this or not that) due to its slider.

Chris
Old 29-03-19, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM View Post
JT,

I think i went down the same rabbit hole as you - I am still looking for definitive information on sliders.

I put up a request and have had no response despite numerous posts elsewhere stating why a badge is this or that (or not this or not that) due to its slider.

Chris
Chris,

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...831#post473831

Regards,

JT
Old 29-03-19, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebro View Post
I do not know if it was the case for all Ex/banned members, before they were banned, some albums could only be visited ifyou were a forum friend of the owner. As they are now banned they do not have forum friends, therefore no one can access these albums. This is my understanding of the situation.
Eddie
This makes good sense
Old 29-03-19, 10:18 PM

Default Sliders

Thanks you JT