British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 24-12-10, 12:47 AM

Hi Ric.

Great story and dedicated research leading to fitting ending, especially so close to Christmas.

What makes it even better is it is a wonderful Christmas present for the sprightly Miss McInnes.

Hope you have a good one.

Regards
Brian
Old 25-12-10, 07:51 AM

Default Wow!Awesome badge,and the story is even better!

Thanks for sharing that story,and the badge is spectacular as well!
You know,when you said that he was found dead,the first thing that I thought of was he may have gotten into a pub fight,or was robbed and fought back.
Poor chap,to have survived the hostilities and end up that way.But it's collectors such as you that keep his memory alive,so well done and Happy Christmas to you!
Old 03-01-11, 08:33 PM

FYI Brendan is working on his last book on the NZ LRDG in Leros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi ric View Post
Good Morning guys

first off, thanks again for all the feed back guys its great that people like my little story

Peter: thanks for the link to the headstone, I have some photos of the the headstone, but not as clear as that! so thanks for that mate,

grey_green_acorn: Hello mate, thanks for the info Ian McInnes and Don McInnes did serve on the same truck at one time I belive, in fact they nick named them the McInnes brothers, they were not related as far as I can tell, and from talking to the family. but they were very good mates from what I have been told, there still is alot to research on this one, exp regarding his death, so if anyone has any info I would love to hear from them, It would be real nice to give Mrs McInnes closure into the death of her brother.

All of ol Brendan O'Carroll's books are just fantastic here is hoping for another one to come out

and Roy, yes we must get on old Skype and have a catch up

xmas eve fellows I wonder what goodies are under the tree for fellow collectors

regards

-Ric
Old 05-01-11, 09:30 PM

Hello Guys, heck its been rather busy over the xmas weeks,

Thanks ever so much for the kind feedback, and if anyone is willing to lend me a hand in the research in to the troopers death! please do flick me an email

And thanks Shawn, I know this, as Im helping him with photos etc for the book, but I didnt know if it was public knowledge but thanks for the heads up anyhow

Regards

-Ric