British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 05-04-11, 09:09 PM
Peter J

Default New Acquisition: KRRC - KK674

Hoping members will be interested in seeing this latest acquisition which arrived today, and wonder if anyone has an example for comparison.

I believe this badge to be KK674 - dimensions are: H 50mm x W 36mm.

KRRC 1.jpgKRRC 2.jpgKRRC North.jpgKRRC East.jpgKRRC South.jpgKRRC West.jpg

This is the badge mentioned by Charlie585 in post #17 of this thread; any comments very much welcomed.

With thanks,

Peter.
Old 05-04-11, 09:44 PM
Banned

A lovely badge Peter,

Great images too showing the crispness of the strike and great condition.

I was bidding against you on this badge, hoping to land it in order to make a hands on comparison to my version.

I'm very pleased that it deservedly went to another forum member, one who also appreciates its appeal.

It is very similar to my badge apart from the placement of the lugs and the dimensions, which makes it slightly larger than mine which measures 45mm H and 30mm W, which are the same dimensions as my KK673.

I assume that these badges were worn on both the Field Service cap and the Brodrick, with the larger pattern KK674 being used as the one in Alan O's album with the Foreign Service Helmet. / (possibly Forage Cap)?

I have yet to get to grips with the sealed pattern info very kindly shared with me by a forum friend. In time it would be of interest if possible to know how many versions (sizes) of KK674/5 were actually authorised.

If Alan O or any other members who have this pattern badge pick up this thread maybe they will be kind enough post the dimensions of their examples.

Nice to see yours PJ, very well done.

Ry
Old 05-04-11, 09:54 PM
Peter J

Thanks Ry.

Just as a side-issue... I only became aware that other forum members had been involved in the bidding for this badge once the auction had ended, and read the posts in the other thread. I had no desire so early after the sale ended to rub anyone's nose in it (nor do I now) but I felt it best to wait until the badge actually arrived before discussing it.

I too would be interested in the dimensions of Alan's badge if he is happy to share them, as I would in any other members' examples.

Thanks for your kind comments.

Cheers,

PJ

Last edited by Peter J; 06-06-11 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-04-11, 10:05 PM

Hi Peter, is that the one I posted the back of recently from Ebay.

Simon.,
Old 05-04-11, 10:09 PM
Peter J

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGSHANKS View Post
Hi Peter, is that the one I posted the back of recently from Ebay.

Simon.,
Indeed it is, Simon. I think your maximum bid must have been just a couple of quid lower than my maximum. I only just got this by the skin of my teeth!

PJ
Old 10-04-11, 03:18 PM
Peter J

This thread got a bit buried over the past couple of days, what with one thing and another!

However, I would still be very interested in other examples for comparison, if anyone is interested.

With thanks once again,

Peter.
Old 10-04-11, 03:20 PM

It's a nice piece Peter, not what I need for the collection; but nice to have in an Edwardian set that seems to be ever growing and sapping my funds.....

Regards

Simon.
Old 10-04-11, 03:27 PM
Peter J

Quote:
It's a nice piece Peter, not what I need for the collection; but nice to have in an Edwardian set that seems to be ever growing and sapping my funds.....

Regards

Simon.
Your collection seems to be breeding all by itself, Simon. Every time I look in, another litter of badges has suddenly appeared. You'll be evicting poor old Mrs. Longshanks soon, just to make more room!
Old 10-04-11, 03:37 PM

nah, I'm relegated to the basement, with all the junk down there......
Old 10-04-11, 03:41 PM
Peter J

Quote:
nah, I'm relegated to the basement, with all the junk down there......
'A BASEMENT'...

...sounds like sheer heaven. (check out the new 'Envy' smilie).

Last edited by Peter J; 11-04-11 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-04-11, 03:45 PM

Yeah, still chilly winter or summer. But I do get some time now and again to sit and clean badges. That's when I don't have a "honey do" list that is.

Simon.
Old 10-04-11, 04:39 PM

If only I had one to show for comparison ! All's fair in love & e-bay Peter, well done on winning it & thanks for showing it too, all the best,
Wilf.
Old 10-04-11, 04:55 PM
Peter J

Quote:
Originally Posted by orasot View Post
If only I had one to show for comparison....
Wilf,

Thanks for your kind comments. Now you know how I feel about virtually everything in your albums!

Cheers mate.

PJ
Old 10-04-11, 05:41 PM

That's the beauty of this hobby Peter, everyone has something someone else would like, it's the search that keeps us going !! All the best mate,
Wilf.
Old 11-04-11, 10:06 AM
Peter J

Quote:
Originally Posted by orasot View Post
That's the beauty of this hobby Peter, everyone has something someone else would like, it's the search that keeps us going !! All the best mate,
Wilf.
How right you are, Wilf.

Though I keep changing my mind (like a kid in a sweet shop ) my current favourites in your London album are that lovely plated 19th, and the 25th cap and collars set.

Cheers,

PJ

Tags
kk674, krrc, tel-el-kebir