British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 20-02-22, 05:37 PM

Default Unusual RWK cap badge

Hi,

I have just bought severa original items of insignia for the A/B Forces during the WW2 period. With them came what I initially thought was a RWK cap badge which I didn't take much notice of as it came with the insignia I was interested. All the seller told me wasw that it came with the Airborne insignia so I might as well have it.
It is a RWK capbadge but has two scrolls underneath it one of which says 20th Batt The London Regiment and the other Invicta which is the motto of the RWK.

Can anyone help me is this a rare badge or is it very common ? I'd just be interested to know as badges and insignia other than Airborn erelated are not an area I have much knowledge in.

Cheers

Arnhem
Old 20-02-22, 06:00 PM

It’s not that rare a badge and are pretty easy to track down (I’ve just found 6 listed on various dealers sites).

A history of the battalion is contained in the link below:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/20th...h_and_Woolwich)
Old 20-02-22, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnhem2280 View Post
Hi,

I have just bought severa original items of insignia for the A/B Forces during the WW2 period. With them came what I initially thought was a RWK cap badge which I didn't take much notice of as it came with the insignia I was interested. All the seller told me wasw that it came with the Airborne insignia so I might as well have it.
It is a RWK capbadge but has two scrolls underneath it one of which says 20th Batt The London Regiment and the other Invicta which is the motto of the RWK.

Can anyone help me is this a rare badge or is it very common ? I'd just be interested to know as badges and insignia other than Airborn erelated are not an area I have much knowledge in.

Cheers

Arnhem
Hi Arnhem, similar badges but different regiments, the 20th was one of the London Regiments , not a rare badge particularly, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/20th...h_and_Woolwich)

Gerard
Old 20-02-22, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb64 View Post
Hi Arnhem, similar badges but different regiments, the 20th was one of the London Regiments , not a rare badge particularly, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/20th...h_and_Woolwich)

Gerard
Thanks for the info on the badge.

Cheers

Arnhem