British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 17-10-11, 08:12 PM

Default Northamptonshire Yeomanry

Gents
I've had these for a while and thought I'd post them, not so much for the badges themself, but for the backings that came with them. The coloured backing on the lugged type looks like card or some type of leather, note the notches for both type of badge, also has it's celuloid disc to stiffen it on the beret, slider type has a Gaunt stamp. Both badges came from the estate of Sjt. J D Mann, 2nd NY who was taken PoW in Normandy at that famous action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NYb.jpg (66.2 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg NYa.jpg (59.6 KB, 106 views)
Old 17-10-11, 08:56 PM

Very nice indeed , have you looked in the badge backings and special embelishments book ? I think there may be referance,Kevin
Old 17-10-11, 09:19 PM

Smile

Hi, I would just like to ask a question. I have a pinned version of this badge which looks identical to both of your examples. On mine, roughly where the P and T are the metal is a little thin. I wondered if this was where the slide should of gone or where it has been removed. Is there a similar thinning on your looped example? By the way, both lovely badges.

Happy hunting Dave.
Old 18-10-11, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Nice to see some original badges of this much faked badge. A few years ago I met an of 1st Northants Yeo vet who was wearing his beret while collecting for the British legion. He had the scroll-less horse version but with the same blue felt backing.