British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Sweetheart, Veteran, Lapel Badges and Challenge Coins

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 28-03-13, 11:14 PM

Default CAN THIS BE RIGHT...???

Obviously, I must be missing something. Can this Fenian Raid Veterans' Pin really be worth this much ($2,000.00)? Please educate me (I would like to learn more about this)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Fenian-Raid-V...item35c5f7dba1

Last edited by Duncan; 28-03-13 at 11:49 PM.
Old 29-03-13, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator

Simple answer, anyone can ask whatever they want for something. More complicated answer, no, it isn't worth that much.
The pin was not government issue. It was likely a private purchase item. The Fenian Raid was not really recognized by the government until the time of the Boer War, iirc, when they issued the medals for the Fenian Raid.

Last edited by Bill A; 29-03-13 at 12:16 AM.
Old 29-03-13, 01:11 AM

Thanks Bill. Yes, I seem to recall reading that the medals were actually hand delivered on Christmas (or Christmas Eve) 1899. I think the pin being auction looks very nice, but the starting price doesn't seem to reflect reality. I just thought this might have been something hand presented buy HRH herself or something ... One just never knows, so I just had to ask. Thanks for your reply. Have a HAPPY EASTER!!!