British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-12-12, 03:15 AM

Default New guy from Philadelphia PA

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for accepting me in to your forum. I would like to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Dennis and I am a long time US militaria collector (40 years+) from Philadelphia Pennsylvania. I am also a member of the US Militaria Forum.

Over the course of the last 40 years while rooting though, flea markets, thrift store, junk and war surplus shops in search of US militaria I would occasionally find a British Badge and if the price was right I would pick it up and put it in the pile. I have also acquired a few from UK members of the US Forum.

I found your site while trying to identify and determine the age of some of the badges that I have collected over the years. After reading some of your posts, especially the "Fakes and Forgeries" thread I am beginning to think that I may have some duds in my collection. That thread was quite a wake up call, I honestly didn't know that British badges were faked as much as other militaria. I suppose I should't be surprised, everything is faked these days. That brings me to why I am here, I would like to learn more about these fascinating badges and I figure this it the place to ask lots of stupid questions and, to help me sort the junk from the quality badges.

Again, I thank you for accepting me in to your forum. I doubt I'll be able to contribute much to the collective knowledge but I look forward to learning. and I ask your patience with the dumb questions.

That said here are some photos of my meagre collection. I look forward to all your comments and observations about exactly what I have here.

Thank you

Dennis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BB1-11.jpg (52.1 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg BB12-22.jpg (41.0 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg BB22-30.jpg (58.3 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg BB31-36.jpg (49.5 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg BB37-44.jpg (68.9 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg BB45-54.jpg (50.5 KB, 94 views)