British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > South African Military and Police Insignia > Army

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 06-09-20, 10:27 AM

Default Northern Rhodesia Regiment / Zambia Regiment.

Posted here as a forum Search shows Rhodesian topics posted in the South Africa section.

Can anyone tell me please, what coloured peaked forage cap would have been worn by the Northern Rhodesia Regiment?

As a non - royal regiment I take it that it would not have had a red band around the crown and also that it did not have yellow piping around the top of the crown?

In 1964 it became the Zambia Regiment with a red band and yellow crown piping, which is still worn by that regiment today?

It's been suggested to me that the NRR wore the red band and yellow piping and that the yellow piping changed to green with the Zambia Regiment
(as I recall, the green piping was added to the NRR's red and white beret badge and slouch hat backings prior to formation of the Zambia Regiment who added a yellow border to those patches).

Any assistance re. this gratefully received.
Old 06-09-20, 03:31 PM

And I should also have asked - the NRR cap badge continued in wear with the Zambia Regiment - it's been suggested to me that an anodised aluminium version may have been worn in the cap by NRR officers whereas I'm thinking an anodised al version would be post 1964 Zambia Regiment.
Which is it please?