British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum  

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > The Classifieds: Sales and Wanted

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 29-05-19, 04:06 AM

Default 3rd Reich items

Is it against forum policy to offer ww2 German items for sale here?
Old 29-05-19, 06:02 AM

Not according to Forum rules which are available on the opening page of the site.
Old 29-05-19, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Rather you did not as it's a British & Commonwealth site.
Old 29-05-19, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan O View Post
Rather you did not as it's a British & Commonwealth site.
I agree. Perhaps the rules need updating to reflect this, as Mark says thereís nothing there currently to the contrary. So this request is just a suggestion so to speak which therefore I suppose could be ignored.
Old 29-05-19, 10:48 AM

It appears a number of countries insignia is discussed here other than British and commonwealth which seems odd.
Old 29-05-19, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiko View Post
It appears a number of countries insignia is discussed here other than British and commonwealth which seems odd.
Not odd at all, it is discussed in one section of the Everything Else sub forum.

There are several other online forums which cater for those who collect militaria from the Axis powers.
Old 29-05-19, 11:16 AM

Hi,

while not specifically a rule, I think the general feeling is it is not appropriate to this forum, and I imagine, while there are many members here who also collect German and other military, you would get a much wider audience at a dedicated forum for what you are wanting to sell.

Try this link, it will take you to a good forum, where you will have a wide and populous audience to sell to.

Cheers, Tim

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/index.php
Old 29-05-19, 12:39 PM

I agree that the rules may need updating but as it stands they do not preclude the sale of Nazi items. The opinions of members are with the greatest respect just opinions. Personally I see no requirement to offer a sales service for non British badge related items this would include Nazi items and non badge related British items eg medals. This is just an opinion 😀😀
Old 29-05-19, 01:09 PM

Default Sale of German items

Thank you all for your input on this subject. I will choose not to post these items for sale here but will reply to all of the PMs shortly.
Old 29-05-19, 01:12 PM

Always interested badges of all nations ww1 and ww2 please feel free to PM me I think forum is interesting with the array of items members share be it allies or former enemies
My Grandfather served with the North Staffordshire Regiment in Italy Great Uncle in the Far East other in North Africa’s Italy Normandy and Rhine Crossing and my wife’s Great Grandfathers served In Stalingrad.German Infantry and a similar story in WW1 also her family served in the Belgian Army WW1 and WW2.

Regards

Stephen

Last edited by yorkstone; 29-05-19 at 01:19 PM.
Old 29-05-19, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH331 View Post
I agree that the rules may need updating but as it stands they do not preclude the sale of Nazi items. The opinions of members are with the greatest respect just opinions. Personally I see no requirement to offer a sales service for non British badge related items this would include Nazi items and non badge related British items eg medals. This is just an opinion 😀😀
Darn, this doesn't bode well for disposal of the RAF card table I want rid of then.
Old 29-05-19, 04:43 PM

Maybe this is something the mods could do a poll on so itís not just the regular posters whose opinions are heard?... heck canít go any worse than Brexit can it
Old 29-05-19, 04:49 PM

Why bother with a poll, it's probably just the hardcore nayers and yeayers who'd bother to vote, I wouldn't.
Whatever the moderators decide suits me.
Old 29-05-19, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Having thought about this the answer is no 3rd Reich stuff please. The volume of fakery is so high that it is not reasonable to expect us to police the no fakes rule.
Old 29-05-19, 06:01 PM

Good.

I have no trouble with German/Germany, but I equate Nazi with evil. Best avoided.