British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Formation and Tasking Signs

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 21-10-09, 07:12 PM
Banned

Default CDN Workdress Plumber T.Q. Gr 1 Patch

Hi this is a Canadian Forces Trade Qualification Patch I have 2 but never seen Others.

I've tried for years to find T.Q. Gr 2 with the 2 crossed reefs but never found any.

Does anybody have one????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CDN Trade Plumber.jpg (98.5 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by Recce; 28-10-09 at 04:16 PM.
Old 21-10-09, 07:31 PM

If you visit our website, on the online shop and type "plumber" into the search box you will see a picture of each type, unfortunalty they have already sold. You are welcome to save the pictures for your use.

Jaime

www.marway-militaria.com
Old 21-10-09, 07:48 PM

The proper designation is (was) Trade Qualification 3 - the basic trade course for a tradesperson in the CF.
Symbol with wreath - TQ 4
Symbol with crown - TQ 5
Symbol with crown and wreath - TQ 6A

The particular badge shown is for the short lived "Garrison Dress" tunic, a highly uncomfortable and impractical monstrosity that was mercifully abandoned.

Phil
Old 22-10-09, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marway_Jaime View Post
If you visit our website, on the online shop and type "plumber" into the search box you will see a picture of each type, unfortunalty they have already sold. You are welcome to save the pictures for your use.

Jaime

www.marway-militaria.com
Thank You Mr Jaime was Appreciated. I just went to web Site to bad

Sorry I put Class 2

I remember they were for Work-Dress=== Garrison

Classified as T.Q. Level I II III and 4 and now I find out it's classified as Group or Gr

I`m a Certified CCQ Construction Journeyperson Plumber and Team Leader.
++++! Therefore Level 4+

Last edited by Recce; 28-10-09 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-12-09, 04:27 PM
Banned

after many years of looking I final found one I've seen all the others looks like this Trade Patch is one of the hardest to fined.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture or Video 177.jpg (95.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 08-05-10, 11:36 PM

hi, for what its worth, in my opinion, this is one of the least difficult of the trades to find! im getting pretty close to complete for both garrison and the current deu / cf trade badges... the hardest has to be the steward trade, for some reason. ive never even had a sniff of one! the armoured recce is also difficult, as is the biomed tech. today, i had a real good dose of luck at the Markham show today, and picked up a couple of the "error" trades, which were supposedly made and issued by mistake (where there was not supposed to be all levels). i`d never seen them before, so i had a good day!

regards, sean

p.s. if your interested in levels 3+4 of the plumbing tech in garrison, i have spares!
Old 29-08-10, 06:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynation View Post
hi, for what its worth, in my opinion, this is one of the least difficult of the trades to find! im getting pretty close to complete for both garrison and the current deu / cf trade badges... the hardest has to be the steward trade, for some reason. ive never even had a sniff of one! the armoured recce is also difficult, as is the biomed tech. today, i had a real good dose of luck at the Markham show today, and picked up a couple of the "error" trades, which were supposedly made and issued by mistake (where there was not supposed to be all levels). i`d never seen them before, so i had a good day!

regards, sean

p.s. if your interested in levels 3+4 of the plumbing tech in garrison, i have spares!

Hello Madame Jamie my apolagies for my late reply just read your post, thank you for the information you posted It's been noted, T.Q. 3-4 I always see, it's T.Q. 2 that has eluded me, whoever I did find one. I'm a certified M Plumber Heating Natural Gas ect in the Construction industry. Whoever I only wear T.Q. 2 for all even I'm Certified in 4. Since I'm a Full blooded Spaniard I wont wear anything with the Queen's crown, since I have a King, hope you understand.

Thank you for the offer mighty kind of you and I can assure the offer was greatly appreciated.

THK U FR YR TME.

Last edited by Recce; 30-08-10 at 02:50 AM.
Old 30-08-10, 01:13 AM

Default Badges

Recce:

Jamie is a lady, so most of us have dropped the Mr part and just call her by her first name, Jamie.

Are you in the CF right now?
Old 30-08-10, 02:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by edstorey View Post
Recce:

Jamie is a lady, so most of us have dropped the Mr part and just call her by her first name, Jamie.

Are you in the CF right now?

Well thanks for the Heads-up I made the Correction I read Jonny

Is that the Only Lady? I did ask once if we had women on board, apparently this looks like a, All Boys Club. Good for her I'm Impressed.

In The CF. Now, no.

Last edited by Recce; 30-08-10 at 05:36 PM.