British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Infantry

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 16-12-09, 02:18 AM

Interesting points on the 158th and 172nd....both of mine measure 37mm x 40mm so they may in fact be collars. How large are the cap badges? Looks like I'm in the market for those badges now! I appreciate the scrutiny, there is so little reference material out there so it's great to get the feedback.
Old 16-12-09, 02:44 AM

Default Very Nice Indeed

Very nice collection! I feel your pain going for everything!

After Jan I am that much closer to completion ! I will rethink that

Now start collecting the different varities along the way is sure too slow one down:

Then start with the corps badges while your still in search for the holy grail!

It becomes a never ending quest or passion whatever you prefer
Old 16-12-09, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Badger View Post
This is a tough crowd! I've updated my photos to include shots of the RCR and PPCLI badges that definitely deserve to be included. Now if only I could find my VRC badge.....
Don't feel bad... you have a great collection. But as an ex-Patricia I feel slighted when my regiment is not included in a "complete" collection of CEF infantry badges.

If you have ever served I'm sure you will understand where I am coming from.
Old 16-12-09, 11:36 AM

Default CEF Badges

Canadian Badger - - Good Morning

Nice collection

PM sent

Larry
Old 16-12-09, 02:38 PM

Talking Great Collection

Hello Badger: That is a great collection, congratualtions. Now you can start collecting Officers cap badges, collars and OR collars! It has taken me over 13 years to collect WWII Cdn. armoured regiments and it is still not complete. Once again fantastic collection.
Moe.
Old 16-12-09, 03:41 PM

I'm very impressed with what I see depicted here. Just a marvellous bit of work you've done.

Welcome to the forum from another newcomer.

cheers,
phil
Old 16-12-09, 11:15 PM
Member 2008-2010 Rest in Peace

Whether your collection is complete or not depends on what you set out to do, If it was to collect the numbered CEF infantry units then it is complete, The other Regts like 15th Lt Horse , Rcr's etc (and I'm sure you have them) are easier to get & would be an extension of your collection, Armoured or Corps still another extension. I think you have completed what you set out to do & I congratulate you on a Great job well done. Ray
Old 17-12-09, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infanteer View Post
Don't feel bad... you have a great collection. But as an ex-Patricia I feel slighted when my regiment is not included in a "complete" collection of CEF infantry badges.

If you have ever served I'm sure you will understand where I am coming from.
When you consider the action and the losses that the PPCLI took during WWI, I can completely understand where you are coming from on this one!
Old 17-12-09, 06:19 AM

Thanks for all of your encouragement and comments, my non-collecting friends can't appreciate my badges and as a result they probably think that I'm nuts.

I have to say that I got lucky with some of the more scarce badges and never paid more then $1,000 for any one badge. I have only ever come across one 247th and one 252nd for sale and was fortunate enough to buy both. That said, I have only seen two 248th's for sale, three 73rd's, four or five 250th and five 259th/260th. The scarce badges don't come along often so be prepared to pay a good buck to buy them and don't blink unless you are very patient and can wait for another to come along.

I'll post up some photos of the more scarce badges if that would be useful.
Old 17-12-09, 09:31 AM
Former Member

A fantastic collection, well worth adding as an album (it'll take a fair bit of time) as a reference tool for anyone else putting together such a collection. Front and back would be a great guide!

Merry Christmas

Andy
Old 17-12-09, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Morning all, A reminder that the B&CMBF has a CEF Gallery. See the link in the upper right corner of the Forum pages. Larry Will has taken high res images and posted them there for reference. Many more are needed, as can be seen. Larry will gladly edit images taken for the gallery.