British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Infantry

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 03-02-08, 09:10 AM

Default Les Fusiliers De Sherbrooke Officers Badges

Hi All, there have been some OUTSTANDING badges shown on this forum. Here's a favourite of mine Les Fusliliers de Sherbrooke Regiment. The ORs badge is very common, the officers badge less so. I have both the King and Queen's crown issues. The King's crown is made by Jostens, the current issue is a Scully made badge. My collar badges have what I think is a post war post and clutch pin attachment, the hat badges have the screw posts. I find this design one of the most attractive in my collection.

Enjoy,

Greg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sherb5.jpg (58.3 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg sherb1-1.jpg (67.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg sherb3-1.jpg (49.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg sherb2-1.jpg (60.5 KB, 30 views)
Old 03-02-08, 12:24 PM

Once again we get to see a nice layout of some great badges we normally wouldn't see together. This makes for a great reference for myself and the rest of the forum members. Keep on posting!
Old 03-02-08, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Default Officer's collar

Hi Greg, Nice badges. They are one of the most attractive sets of officers badges for the Canadian army.
Is the collar in the first image a clutch pin fastener? I have associated this pattern of fastener with the post unification patterns of badges.
Greg, Do you collect all eras officer's badges?

Last edited by Bill A; 03-02-08 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-02-08, 04:20 PM

Thanks Bill, I will. Jim, I think you mean GregN. Yes my collection runs to current Officers material. The collars are clutch pins and from a set with the King's Crown badge. I assumed since the set is made by a US manufacturer this is why they used the clutch pins. CDN and British makers more likey to use luggs. I believe clutch pins were used extensively in WW2 by the US where it has taken the Canadian forces some time to use them. Does anyone have any other Canadian badges, circa 1950's with clutch pins?

Greg

Last edited by GregN; 04-02-08 at 04:22 AM.
Old 03-02-08, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Default Never saw clutch pin ..

Sorry Greg, Got mixed up... A big brain fart...
Greg, I have never seen clutch pins on Canadian army badges before unification. Even collars. Sliders were the predominate method used (late 1950's to current) in my understanding, for the cap badge. Collars pre 1968 were lugged.