British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Royal Navy and Royal Marines

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 30-11-21, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_green_acorn View Post
My posts above quoted official dress regulations for Army personnel wearing the RM Green Beret and the Airborne Maroon Beret.

I repeat that the 3 Commando Brigade FS knife on a green green square background is a Formation Badge to be worn on the left arm and NOT a Tactical Recognition Flash (TRF) worn on the right arm.

Tim

Alright keep yer hair on lad, you are right of course, wrong terminology! But, the current 3 Cdo Formation badge is worn on the right arm by RM/RN personnel, the white ensign badge is worn on the left arm!

Tony

Last edited by sailorbear; 30-11-21 at 12:26 PM.
Old 30-11-21, 02:06 PM

The only jump wings on issue are the vanilla version, the PJI, the APJI, the SFC, the SAS and the SBS. SPAG have gone backwards and forwards but when I left the mob they were wearing full wings not the signal lamp/lightbulb...

Could they be foreign? Though they should then be worn on the right chest - though technically only when serving with the nation in question. A rule that is, again, widely ignored.
Old 30-11-21, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal View Post
The only jump wings on issue are the vanilla version, the PJI, the APJI, the SFC, the SAS and the SBS. SPAG have gone backwards and forwards but when I left the mob they were wearing full wings not the signal lamp/lightbulb...

Could they be foreign? Though they should then be worn on the right chest - though technically only when serving with the nation in question. A rule that is, again, widely ignored.
Pretty certain they're not foreign, and except for being swept down, are identical to the current SBS wing! I don't work on the same gate every day, and haven't seen the officer in question for a few weeks, but I think if I see him again, I will stop him and ask him and get an answer to the mystery?
Old 30-11-21, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Guard View Post
Hate to appear dumb, but can you please tell me what PCS dress is? I have not heard that term before.

Thanks,

Terry
Hi Terry, as already said, PCS is personal Clothing System, though in the Royal Navy it is all dark blue not camouflage, and replaced the No4 (old No8) action working dress of dark blue trousers and lighter blue shirt.
Old 30-11-21, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorbear View Post
Pretty certain they're not foreign, and except for being swept down, are identical to the current SBS wing! I don't work on the same gate every day, and haven't seen the officer in question for a few weeks, but I think if I see him again, I will stop him and ask him and get an answer to the mystery?
I've seen a few fake SBS wings on eBay that look a lot more swept down than the issue version but I doubt anyone actually entitled to wear them would source theirs from eBay!