British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Formation Signs and Patches

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 15-11-15, 08:01 AM
Banned

Default NEW WW2 BRITISH FORMATION SIGN BOOK

I don't know who has and who has not seen this new WW2 British formation sign/badge book by Bruno Boulanger currently listed on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3114852415...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

From first looks it looks to be a refreshing well produced addition to the currently available literature/reference books on British cloth insignia so I have taken the plunge and ordered a copy.

FMT600
Old 15-11-15, 04:46 PM

Looks good. I've ordered a copy.

Jon
Old 15-11-15, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postwarden View Post
Looks good. I've ordered a copy.

Jon
And me, lets hope it is as good as it looks!

Jerry
Old 15-11-15, 04:59 PM

Where can you order it from? I notice he says he doesn't post to Canada.

David
Old 15-11-15, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tremain View Post
Where can you order it from? I notice he says he doesn't post to Canada.

David
Doesn't post to Canada, but will to the USA....???
Just sent a PM to the seller....now wait and see what he will say...

Jo

“There are things we know that we know,” “There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.”
Donald Rumsfeld, before the Iraqi Invasion,2003.

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.
Old 15-11-15, 05:45 PM

He obviously posts to the UK, so I could get it sent to my mum's. I'll PM him as suggested and see what the scoop is.

David
Old 15-11-15, 07:17 PM

Default Update on shipping cost to Canada....

This is the answer I got from the seller Bruno:

Bonjour, je peux envoyer au Canada mais actuellement je n'ai pas encore trouvé un tarif abordable pour les frais d'envoi. Les frais s'élèvent à £26 pour le Canada, c'est très cher. Cependant, si vous êtes d'accord avec ce prix, je n'ai aucun soucis à vous envoyer le livre. Tenez-moi au courant. Cordialement, Bruno

.and a speedy translation....
Good Day,I can ship to Canada but actually I have not found an something (tarif..) affordable for the shipping cost.The cost comes to 26 GBP for Canada, which is quite expensive.However,if you are OK with price, I have no problems to ship the book to you. Keep me posted.
Cordially, Bruno

P.S. shipping cost to the US is US$30.00. For Canada, 26 GBP translate to C$ 52.75.....One could argue that there's not much difference between shipping to the US and shipping to Canada......same continent after all.

“There are things we know that we know,” “There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.”
Donald Rumsfeld, before the Iraqi Invasion,2003.

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.

Last edited by Voltigeur; 15-11-15 at 11:19 PM.
Old 16-11-15, 12:20 AM

Default WWII British Formation Badge Book

Ordered book as soon as I read your thread, and reviewed details including photographs of sample pages. Realizing the number of pages and number of badges, approximately 2000 full sized colored photographs (650 pages) of apparently actual badges, or at the very least museum quality reproductions, potentially makes this a great reference, and a real value for the price. Sounds like a long term real labor of love, but worry about counterfeiters. Although personally would have preferred a hardback, as it is a limited edition, and probably privately published, can understand being a paperback due to expense. Recommend those interested go back and look at the sample pages. Certainly looking forward to confirming my expectations with book in hand. Sincere thanks to FMT600 for the heads-up.

Arnhem Jim
Arizona Territory

Last edited by Arnhemjim; 16-11-15 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Correct cited number of pages (650 vice 850)
Old 16-11-15, 12:36 AM

Default WWII British Formation Badge Book

Redundant, deleted. Apparently got so excited, posted twice.

Last edited by Arnhemjim; 16-11-15 at 03:06 PM.
Old 16-11-15, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Would a "bulk" order from CAnada make any difference? IF we had say ten orders shipped to one address, the cost may be significantly less. Then the Canadian addressee can send out? (That may not be a good deal....)
Old 16-11-15, 06:56 AM

Postage is GBP26.00 to Australia as well but looks worth it.
Keith
Old 16-11-15, 10:22 AM

Default I'm the author

Hello everyone.

First, thank you to excuse my English, I usually speak French ...

I'm the author of this book and I hope it will meet your expectations. This is the result of 3 years of work and 35 years of research and collection. I tried to be as complete as possible. I tried to illustrate all the badges depicted in famous references books written by known authors. Trying mostly to obtain the original ww2 badges (for some badge i've add a quality museum reproduction). I wanted to build a nice and useful guide for collectors. There are nearly 2000 badges and 650 pages, I hope to do better for the next edition (it is currently a limited edition and i'm the publisher). Don't hesitate to help me in this work. The next book i'm working on is about Indian, Canadian and Commonwealth Formation Badges.

Regarding shipping, I have not found a cheap rate for Canada. The postal service of my country (Belgium) does not offer a cheaper rate for a 1.5kg parcel. I'm still looking and hoping to find a solution for my Canadian friends. Maybe a bulk order reduce the cost ? I don't know but I'm searching for ...

If you have any questions about my book, don't hesitate to ask me.
Thank you for your interest and for your comments.

Bruno
Old 16-11-15, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Bruno, Congratulations on your publication. Are you offering to take orders through this Forum? (Rather than ebay, and you can save a bit that way.)
I am not sure if we can find a more reasonable rate to Canada, but I know several of us wish to buy a copy.
Old 16-11-15, 01:15 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcload View Post
Hello everyone.

I'm the author of this book and I hope it will meet your expectations. This is the result of 3 years of work and 35 years of research and collection. I tried to be as complete as possible. I tried to illustrate all the badges depicted in famous references books written by known authors. Trying mostly to obtain the original ww2 badges (for some badge i've add a quality museum reproduction). I wanted to build a nice and useful guide for collectors. There are nearly 2000 badges and 650 pages, I hope to do better for the next edition (it is currently a limited edition and i'm the publisher). Don't hesitate to help me in this work. The next book i'm working on is about Indian, Canadian and Commonwealth Formation Badges.

Regarding shipping, I have not found a cheap rate for Canada. The postal service of my country (Belgium) does not offer a cheaper rate for a 1.5kg parcel. I'm still looking and hoping to find a solution for my Canadian friends. Maybe a bulk order reduce the cost ? I don't know but I'm searching for ...

Bruno
Bruno,
you may want to also post an add on Sell My Militaria? Just go for the standard 30 Day advetisement and I'll extend it out to 12 months, free of charge.

Best Regards

Andy
Old 16-11-15, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcload View Post
Hello everyone.

Bruno
Hello Bruno,

Nice to see you on here and well done with the book, I look forwards to receiving my copy which is already ordered from your ebay listing.

FMT600