British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 22-12-09, 10:00 AM
Former Member

Default Sorry your badge is not genuine!

Quite often Ebay sellers are named and shamed without any redress allowed to the seller. I've just spotted this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250549215695

and sent the following message:

"Hi there, I hope that you do not take this message the wrong way, however I thought that you may like to know that your badge is a copy of an original and not genuine. It was probably made post 1970s. Best regards - Andy"

If they reply in a polite manner, I shall leave it at that. If rude then it gets reported. I thought that some of you with a little time on your hands could carry out similar exercises!

"The Ebay Badge Police!"

Best regards and seasons greetings to you all!

Andy

Last edited by 2747andy; 22-12-09 at 10:47 AM.
Old 22-12-09, 10:25 AM

I think that it is a grand idea. We all need to stop the fakes coming into the market. Regards Andrew
Old 22-12-09, 06:39 PM

Many insignia on ebay are described as "issued". Am I correct that only an original badge can be issued?
Old 22-12-09, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc View Post
Many insignia on ebay are described as "issued". Am I correct that only an original badge can be issued?
I would presume so Luc but i did here a strange one some years ago.The MPSC were probaly the smallest corp in the British Army,although they are now part of the AGC.They continue to wear their old capbadge.The issue item was made by AMMO UK a well known maker of non original badges.