British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Formation and Tasking Signs

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 17-06-20, 09:29 PM

Default I would value your opinions 48th Highlanders of Canada

Dear Forum members

I really would value your opinions on this 48th Highlanders of Canada patch. I need the a genuine 100% WW2 patch to go with the story of Mr Lester Schauer on my website www.normandy1944.info where I am trying to obtain all original patches for the stories.

Thank you all so much in advance!

Sincerely,

Frank
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Canadian-front.jpg (33.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Canadian-back.jpg (56.2 KB, 28 views)
Old 17-06-20, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

Hello Frank, the title you have shown is a Patch King reproduction.
Old 18-06-20, 04:25 AM

Hello Bill!

Thank you ever so much for your remarks and help. Are both titles reproductions? I am starting to collect Canadian items now for the website. Have a great day and thank you again. It is very much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Frank

Last edited by DDAYNormandy1944; 18-06-20 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 18-06-20, 10:23 AM

Default Website

I get posting the Veterans stories and their photographs, I even get the notice stating that the content is copyright, but what I find disturbing is that your photograph gallery contains images all lifted from various archives who you have not given any acreditation to.
Old 18-06-20, 10:47 AM

Hello EdStorey,

I have had this webiste since 2000 I just updated the whole website. The copyright notice is just for the stories as they are not mine but the veterans. They were all given to me personally by either the veterans themselves or their families. The US Military even sent me CD with pictures of Normandy I was allowed to post etc etc. Every item on my blog is contacted before using any material what so ever. On my old version of the website accreditation was everywhere and it will be on this new webiste too. I am still in full development with the website as it is a one man project and quite a bit of work I can assure you and I never pass up on an opportunity to not give credit where credit is due. Maybe I should also point out that this website is made out of deep respect for all who lived, fought and died in WW2 and that is does not in, in any what so ever, has a financial gain for me. It is a platform for people to read stories about WW2 told by the men and women who were there. I hope you see my point of view now a little better. Please check back in a month or two when all the credit lines will have been posted.

Have a great day.

Sincerely,
Frank

Last edited by DDAYNormandy1944; 18-06-20 at 11:04 AM.

Tags
48th, canada, canadian, highlanders