British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Closed Thread

Old 28-01-14, 10:52 AM

Default SAS Wings - Artwork

This version from an unusual source (Grman Army Intelligence Fremde Heere West (III))and dated 15 February 1944: SAS DBK.01.jpg SAS DBK.02.jpg
Old 28-01-14, 04:18 PM
Banned

Must say, the third of the three wings isn't bad, but I wouldn't touch the first two.
Old 28-01-14, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS1 View Post
Must say, the third of the three wings isn't bad, but I wouldn't touch the first two.
Haha thank you!

Anyone want to buy the other two for £10 each?
Old 28-01-14, 05:22 PM
Banned

Be a waste of a tenner. Still haven't answered my points, oh font of all SF knowledge, other than 'they are perfect because I say they are'. Shame that, with your confidence of both badge and seller you have removed the images from view.

Show some concrete provenance or proof of owner and make the offer again. Failing that you could always stick them on your site with a couple of extra noughts.

Last edited by SAS1; 28-01-14 at 05:30 PM.
Old 28-01-14, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Be a waste of a tenner. Still haven't answered my points, oh font of all SF knowledge, other than 'they are perfect because I say they are'. Shame that, with your confidence of both badge and seller you have removed the images from view.

Show some concrete provenance or proof of owner and make the offer again. Failing that you could always stick them on your site with a couple of extra noughts.
These badges aren't worth sharing here. That's why I removed them.

But on the other side, you can't prove they're fake either.

I could sell these to 4 or 5 times over experienced (note I said experienced NOT wealthy/stupid) SF collectors at a moments notice so would never need to put them on my website. It's just a shame none of them have helped me out here
Old 28-01-14, 06:03 PM
Banned

Well, as you clearly can't read Jack I'll say for a third time, where have I said they're fake? Please answer.

If they aren't worth sharing here, why share them? Please answer.

And who are you suggesting is a stupid SF collector? All those who you don't agree with or just the ones you sell to? (If you're suggesting me, I'd like to point out that you yourself have bought from me in the last few months a badge I got on eBay. You paid double what I did a week before, then put it on your site at half as much again, and it remains unsold at three times what I paid for it). Please answer.

I personally don't get your point. You put images up, but as a collector and dealer cannot provide any provenance, won't provide source and clearly don't have all the details yourself, but start whining when people make observations (that is, if you're unclear, thoughts on the items, not actually claiming they're fake). Top marks for your own credibility. Then, to prevent others seeing them and voicing an opinion, you remove the images. Strike two for credibility.

Might be worth drawing your attention to the word 'forum' in this site's title. Look it up.

Last edited by SAS1; 28-01-14 at 06:12 PM.
Old 28-01-14, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Well, as you clearly can't read Jack I'll say for a third time, where have I said they're fake? Please answer.

If they aren't worth sharing here, why share them? Please answer.

And who are you suggesting is a stupid SF collector? All those who you don't agree with or just the ones you sell to? (If you're suggesting me, I'd like to point out that you yourself have bought from me in the last few months a badge I got on eBay. You paid double what I did a week before, then put it on your site at half as much again, and it remains unsold at three times what I paid for it). Please answer.

I personally don't get your point. You put images up, but as a collector and dealer cannot provide any provenance, won't provide source and clearly don't have all the details yourself, but start whining when people make observations (that is, if you're unclear, thoughts on the items, not actually claiming they're fake). Top marks for your own credibility. Then, to prevent others seeing them and voicing an opinion, you remove the images. Strike two for credibility.

Might be worth drawing your attention to the word 'forum' in this site's title. Look it up.
Sorry I'm not going to get drawn in any further.

I don't know who you are even.

Over and out.
Old 28-01-14, 06:58 PM

Default Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr View Post
Sorry I'm not going to get drawn in any further.

I don't know who you are even.

Over and out.
Amen!
Old 28-01-14, 08:46 PM
Banned

Exactly, you don't know me Jack, but it didn't stop you volunteering an opinion. Perhaps you'll think first in future.

And I agree Johan, Amen.
Old 28-01-14, 09:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
These badges aren't worth sharing here. That's why I removed them.

But on the other side, you can't prove they're fake either.
To quote you;
Quote:
"These wings are about as original as they come, all three of them."
I haven't seen one comment from you to say why you think they are original even though at least four people on this forum remain unconvinced.

All you have said is;
Quote:
"I'm not going to go into arguing the pros and cons of these badges, I'm done with that. The source of these badges is impeccable..."
If you think that's a good enough verification that something is genuine then that's laughable and not a suitable explanation at any time and anyone who would accept it as such is a fool!

Quote:
I could sell these to 4 or 5 times over experienced (note I said experienced NOT wealthy/stupid) SF collectors at a moments notice so would never need to put them on my website. It's just a shame none of them have helped me out here
Being able to sell anything is not proof that an item is genuine no matter who sells it.
Old 29-01-14, 08:18 AM

I think transparancy is key to establish trust.

There are several ways of convincing one of them the authority argument but that is the least strong. "I am a well known reputable SF collector /dealer so what I say is true"

Cheers,
JB
Old 29-01-14, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

Very difficult to follow this thread without the images, and the thread is straying into territory that is not productive. Locked.

Tags
ww2 sas parachute wing