British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 15-10-10, 05:44 PM
Banned

Hello Gordon,

Looking forward to receiving my first purchase and I'm sure the badge will be a gem.

Nothing ordinary about a British Soldier! But I agree with Andy that military service is not a prerequisit to be able to sell militaria.

I have dealt with dealers who haven't the faintest clue what they are selling in many cases, we all have to start somewhere!

I have posted on the subject of dealer recommendations previously and although there are many views on this matter I must say that if a dealer is selling genuine items in a well presented format then encouragement rather than nit picking would be preferable.

I also noticed that when I made my purchase, there was no additional charge for PayPal, something some of the other dealers might consider for repeat buyers maybe??

Good luck.

Ry
Old 15-10-10, 06:59 PM
Member 2008-16- Rest in Peace

Hi Ry,

Nothing I can say about Gordon's site because although I've had a quick glance and I was made aware by Andy of one particular badge he thought I would like ( it's outside my financial limit ), I do not have the experience of the site to pass any comments.

I can however, ask how many people charge for paypal, they are not supposed to, it's against ebay's and paypal's policies, as you can imagine, I have dealt with probably several hundred sellers without meeting one who does charge, as an aside, because you mention returning visitors, I personally treat all bidders with the same courtesy and offer a very fair postal arrangement to entice the buyers to return, or at least buy the odd extra badge.

Just a passing observation and in no way meant to offend or start a mini-debate etc, I do however, agree with the notion of ' other ranks ' rather than ' ordinary ranks ', I was an ' other ranks ' ( except for three weeks ), and trust me, there is nothing ordinary about me !!

Dave.
Old 22-10-10, 08:04 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2747andy View Post
Since when was Military Service a Prerequisite to sell Militaria?

Andy
Just so you guys are under no illusion I served 10 years how long have/did you serve. This is not meant to sound rude but I have complete time for my country and don't like people saying different.
Old 22-10-10, 08:06 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie585 View Post
Hello Gordon,

Looking forward to receiving my first purchase and I'm sure the badge will be a gem.

Nothing ordinary about a British Soldier! But I agree with Andy that military service is not a prerequisit to be able to sell militaria.

I have dealt with dealers who haven't the faintest clue what they are selling in many cases, we all have to start somewhere!

I have posted on the subject of dealer recommendations previously and although there are many views on this matter I must say that if a dealer is selling genuine items in a well presented format then encouragement rather than nit picking would be preferable.

I also noticed that when I made my purchase, there was no additional charge for PayPal, something some of the other dealers might consider for repeat buyers maybe??

Good luck.

Ry
Thanks for your support
Gordon
Old 22-10-10, 08:07 PM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by marway_Jaime View Post
Love the Grid idea to size the badges!

Good luck with your new venture.
Thanks for you support
Gordon
Old 22-10-10, 08:11 PM

Default Thank you

Quote:
Some of you realy don't have a nice word to say about anyone do you? If it's not Ebay or Ebay sellers then it's new dealers??? There are some really good aspects of this Forum, but alas, as in life, there are some very annoying ones too!

The owner does not know the correct meaning of OR! So what?

Many of the "Well Established" dealers listed at the bottom corner of this site do not know their onions that well either!! Some cannot tell the difference between a true WW1 economy issue and a brass badge that should not be . Another has had a "FAKE" Lambourne badge listed for serveral weeks despite a number of ignored e-mails pointing out the fact!! He is quick enough to reply when I want to buy something though.

Instead of pouring ridicule on this Open to the World Forum, why not point out the fact that he has not got it right! From what I can see, he has some very nice items, a few of which are about to land on my doormat ..

A picture paints a thousand words and his photographs show enough for me to be able to tell what is what! At least they show what is for sale and not one like it, like one dealer tends to do so often!

Give the guy a break will you (no I do not know him! Before anyone asks), we all have to learn and in my opinion it has the makings of a good site!

Andy
Ebay Seller 2747andy
and a possible dealer in the not to distant future!
Thank you Andy for your support, just to clear things up I have served 10 years for my country and very proud of the fact. Thanks once again
Gordon
Old 19-11-10, 01:33 AM
Banned

Hello gents,

I wasn't going to add any further comments to this thread as I had had a say.
However, I did receive the badge I ordered from Gordon and it can be seen in my RE album The EV11 OSD and very fine it is.

Further to this I have today received the badge pictured below which is going to kick start my Hampshires collection to go with the 3 VB Hants shoulder title that Dave C has on his bench for me.

I must say that I can recommend Gordon's site and although a little limited in places at present what he does have is top drawer.

As well as not charging the PayPal premium he has a free postage offer for purchases over a certain value and even though my latest acquisition was just under the limit he gave me the offer as a returning customer and forum member.

No slight intended to any other of the trusted dealers I have bought from but I have recieved nothing but quality and value for money from this guy and would like to second Andy's proposal to have Battle Military Badges included in the dealer list, I'll stick my neck out and say that he is equal in his dealings to many of those in there.

Ry

Last edited by Charlie585; 04-06-12 at 03:02 PM.
Old 23-11-10, 08:41 PM

Good evening, or whatever time of day it is wherever you are.

Just to throw my 5 bobs worth in; received my first order from Gordon today, a very speedy delivery of 2 fine items.

If in the future he has items I like, I will purchase them from him, a very creditable dealer.

Regards

Brian
Old 20-12-10, 09:36 AM

Well said Andy, i agree with you entirely

Quote:
Some of you realy don't have a nice word to say about anyone do you? If it's not Ebay or Ebay sellers then it's new dealers??? There are some really good aspects of this Forum, but alas, as in life, there are some very annoying ones too!

The owner does not know the correct meaning of OR! So what?

Many of the "Well Established" dealers listed at the bottom corner of this site do not know their onions that well either!! Some cannot tell the difference between a true WW1 economy issue and a brass badge that should not be . Another has had a "FAKE" Lambourne badge listed for serveral weeks despite a number of ignored e-mails pointing out the fact!! He is quick enough to reply when I want to buy something though.

Instead of pouring ridicule on this Open to the World Forum, why not point out the fact that he has not got it right! From what I can see, he has some very nice items, a few of which are about to land on my doormat ..

A picture paints a thousand words and his photographs show enough for me to be able to tell what is what! At least they show what is for sale and not one like it, like one dealer tends to do so often!

Give the guy a break will you (no I do not know him! Before anyone asks), we all have to learn and in my opinion it has the makings of a good site!

Andy
Ebay Seller 2747andy
and a possible dealer in the not to distant future!