British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Headdress

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 01-02-19, 07:05 PM

Interesting to see that cap has a "lived in" appearance.
Old 01-02-19, 09:30 PM

A nice honest example Leigh, best left untouched and 'as is' in my humble opinion.

The Pink (Rosa) branch of service colour was, as previously noted, used by both Tank and anti-tank units throughout the war by both the Heer and WSS. The SP-gun (StuG) units wore red Waffenfarbe and came under control of the artillery. Apparently, according to Guderian's memoirs, this was so gunners had a chance to win the Knight's Cross!
Old 01-02-19, 10:00 PM

I won't be tampering with the cap, it'll stay as is.
I have a couple of panzer insignia such as collar patches and one SP shoulder strap that I've collected over the years, that exhausts my collection of German armour related items. And I've just remembered - a panzer assault badge I picked up when I was a kid from Bill Tobin's old basement "shop" off The New Kent Road.
The only anti tank items I have are a wehrpas, document and photo grouping to an officer killed at Stalingrad.
I swotted up on such insignia and documentation at the time I was picking them up but over time I find I'd need to read up my notes in order to remember detail.