British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 13-10-10, 12:23 PM

Default Greetings

Hi all

I stumbled accross the forum yesterday whilst researching some decent books regarding military cap badges, and have already found some great advice here.

I inherited my grandfathers' Royal Marine cap badges (along with his medals) a few years ago, and have recently decided that badge collecting would make an interesting hobby.

I am limiting my search to 1939-45 British army badges, with the ultimate goal of a complete collection. Pie in the sky I guess, but gives me something to aim for

Am currently researching just to try to put a comprehensive list together, which is not as easy as I thought it would be, but it's all part of the intrigue I guess.

Anyway, thought I'd stop by to say hello
Old 13-10-10, 01:36 PM

hi maiden,

welcome.we are always happy to help a new collector

philip
Old 13-10-10, 01:47 PM
Banned

Hi Maiden,

welcome to the forum.

Like you I was inspired to collect due to my Grandfather's service.

You'll find no end of help on the forum and as for the badges, they are all out there somewhere waiting to be snapped up and most WW2 badges can be picked up for quite reasonable prices.

One word of warning though, the hobby can be very addictive so by all means get stuck in but but pace yourself or you may end up like me, pleasantly overwhelmed at times!!!

Seriously, the best of luck with it and I and I'm sure other members will look forward to seeing your badges.

Regards
Ry
Old 13-10-10, 01:49 PM
Banned

Further to the above,

The albums on the forum are an invaluable asset to help get you started, but purchasing good reference books is a must!

Ry
Old 13-10-10, 02:19 PM

Hi Maiden,
Welcolme to the forum from another "newish" collector.
You will get lots of help from the members here and the "album" section can be a great source of info.

Paul