British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Anodised Aluminium Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-05-15, 09:58 AM
Badge Guru

Default AA - Gold - The Buffs - Gaunt B'ham

I've read the large number of threads on AA Gaunt B'Ham and to be honest its sent my brain in something of a tizzy!

Since I can find no direct reference of anyone discussing 'The Buffs' example or any dealer on the net selling one. Is one to assume that AA Gold Buffs badges are to be discarded as a two pound restrike with the B'ham marked slider?

From Wiki:

In 1956 the 410th (Kent) Coast Regiment (Royal Artillery) was disbanded and converted into infantry. It was then combined with elements of the 4th (Territorial Army) Battalion, The Buffs (Royal East Kent) Regiment to form the 5th (Territorial Army) Battalion of The Queen's Own Buffs, The Royal Kent Regiment and was the last separate unit to bear the distinct honours of The Buffs. In 1966 it became the 5th Battalion, The Queen's Regiment. In 1967 it merged with the 4th Battalion to become the 4th/5th (East Kent TAVR) Battalion, The Queen's Regiment.

In 1961 the "Buffs", Royal East Kent Regiment was amalgamated with the Queen's Own Royal West Kent Regiment to form: the Queen's Own Buffs, The Royal Kent Regiment.

In 1966, the Queen's Own Buffs, The Royal Kent Regiment was amalgamated with the other three regiments of the Home Counties Brigade to form the Queen's Regiment.

In 1992 the Queen's Regiment was amalgamated with the Royal Hampshire Regiment to form the Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment.

------------------

So one is to assume post 74 restrike because of the regiments history and the date that Gaunt first started to place this mark on the sliders? Or have I got this totally wrong?

Thank you for your assistance.

Last edited by Jibba Jabba; 14-05-15 at 10:08 AM.