British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 13-06-09, 07:07 PM

Default Help with identifying these?

Hi all, Can anyone give any guidance on these badges? I know most are reproductions but would like to know (without starting another war) if they all actually existed? For example I presume FF COMMANDO is Free French Commando but one I have never come accross before, so copy of an original or fantasy? Beach Commando (and Beach Ordnance not pictured) I know they existed but anyone have any details on them? All information gratefully recieved as usual,

regards

Tony
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WW2 RN Beach Signals formation patch.JPG (74.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg !BS6eP)!BWk~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLlfZ3LBKFpVJ55wQ~~_1.JPG (39.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 2b18_1.JPG (27.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 1014326.JPG (41.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg FrenchCommandofbfd.jpg (44.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg RAN.JPG (92.8 KB, 14 views)
Old 13-06-09, 07:52 PM
peter616

Yes the FF COMMANDO badges is Free French Commando and is reproduction also the Rangers badges are to
Beach Signals looks ok,the SF wing don't like to new, Royal Navy ok and the 22an Beach Brigade look a nice one

peter

Last edited by peter616; 13-06-09 at 08:03 PM.
Old 13-06-09, 08:09 PM

The Penguin is 22nd Beach Brigade, p94 of Cole.
Old 13-06-09, 08:19 PM

The 22nd Beach insignia and the Beach Signals are actually my badges! Haha

See thread below post No.2 The whole thread is worth reading. I certainly learned a lot from it.

http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...read.php?t=300

Then this related thread:

http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...=1731#post1731

Last edited by tynesideirish; 13-06-09 at 08:25 PM.
Old 13-06-09, 10:46 PM

Default Help with identifying these?

Thanks for that, really interesting thread!, Hope you did'nt mind me using the pics of your badges, I saved them sometime ago for future reference but to be honest had no idea where I had saved them from There are many badges connected with the commandos and combined operations which I come accross in reference but never see for sale anywhere, not even as a reproduction (the Beach signals and Beach ordnance for instance, image now attached!) in these cases I can only pursue knowledge on such units as it is unlikely I will ever be fortunate enough to own an actual example of such badges. In this case I think my thread my have been misleading, I only own one of the badges (the repro SF wing) my intention was to try and find anyone who may have knowledge of the badges and the particular units? with the FF Commando badge and the Rangers badge it was not whether they were reproduction but whether such badges were ever actually worn? likewise I'd like to know anything about the Commando de france title, did this exist and was it WW2? Appologies for any confusion caused.

Anyway thanks for the very useful and interesting link

regards Tony
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2887_1.JPG (37.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 41_4.jpg (18.1 KB, 15 views)