British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 17-04-21, 08:52 PM

Default Today's Mail

it's always exciting for me to get a much anticipated packet with a badge or two. Today's mail brought two packets. On is a lovely set of RAF eagles to go with my RAF medical and nursing collection, sent as a gift from a member - THANK YOU!!! The other is one of my batch shipments that a member kindly helps me with, and also included several great gifts as well. I don't know if I can ever thank him for his kindness in helping me, but I do try to do so.

Here is what arrived today. Yep, it's a bit tough getting pieces and then having to wait for them, but when they arrive it's quite the opposite and what enjoyment sorting everything out!

Terry
Old 17-04-21, 08:56 PM

Was that the General Service corps badge we.discussed in another thread ?
Old 17-04-21, 09:11 PM

Yes, it is. I posted a close up of the package in that thread. Seems that it is indeed the new metal. I have to admit I had not even suspected it might be, which definitely shows how much learning lies ahead of me!!! And who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!!!

Stay well,

Terry
Old 18-04-21, 03:06 AM

My apology, I forgot to mention also getting the Queens' cap badge for my WRAC collection from another member!!! it was actually sent over a month ago, but was in with the rest of the batch items, so it's a good while before I actually received it. I realized as I finally got a chance to truly sit down and look at everything. Please forgive and an no oversight intended.

Terry