British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Sweetheart, Veteran and other Lapel Badges.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 13-03-24, 03:50 PM

Default A French 3rd Division / 9th RTR. Sweetheart??

Went to a small militaria fair recently, one seller had huge collection of sweetheart badges of all types...looking through I recognised one (from previous purchase posted here a few years ago)
brass, mounted on a LARGE mop disc, basic std brooch fitting on reverse...but the thing is, it appeared to be a full size badge?...my other badge has a dark, bronzy finish, this one is much yellower, so I guess a later version? It lacks the three 'sprue' points joining the grenade/ flames to the outer belt with motto On, that my first one has.
It's a perfect match size wise and also is the spitting image of the few I have seen online.
If it is a genuine badge, it must have lost its 2x rear loops and at some point in time, been mounted as a sweetheart badge.
Has anyone come across similiar?
Not really sure whether to leave as is, or try and remove the disc mounting...chuffed to have found it anyway
Cant do pics as I am reduced to a small tablet at the moment.