British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 16-05-22, 01:47 AM

Default A Special Thanks

I have pondered long over posting this thread, but feel that this forum and the people on it deserve credit due. For the first time in three years my wife is not facing a major medical situation. Over those three years she faced three different cancer situations, one of which was confirmed. She had two major surgeries removing tumors, one being 6.5 pounds and about the size of a football. She is currently diagnosed as having stage 4 kidney disease and is right on the borderline of total kidney failure. We are now praying that the signs we are seeing are a reflection of improved kidney function.

I share this not because I am looking for sympathy or comments, but because one of the things that kept me sane and going throughout the past three years was my collecting and this forum. There have been so many people who have been kind and generous to me beyond anything I could ever have expected. I would be afraid to mention any names for fear of missing someone, but I will tell you that those folks have truly had a major impact on my life, and their actions will never be forgotten.

I will also confess that if I have been rude or offended anyone during those three years, I sincerely apologize, as such is not my nature.

In closing my very sincere thank you to the forum and it's great members who make it what it is.

Terry
Old 16-05-22, 02:36 AM

Hi Terry

Thanks for sharing that. You have my friendship and I greatly enjoy our exchanges as I like reading your posts.

Keep up your spirits!
Old 16-05-22, 07:34 AM

Terry, like you I have made some truly great friends on this site, whom I have come to know personally outside of our common interests. I echo your sentiments.

Keep your chin up and prevent those giant rabbits from eating you out of house and home!

All the very best to you and yours my friend.

Sean
Old 16-05-22, 08:24 AM

Terry,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife as this type of medical condition has visited someone close to me recently.
Very best wishes,
Leo
Old 16-05-22, 09:01 AM

Thumbs up

Terry ,

Our "discussions" are varied , often completely off topic and we both rabbit on a bit but it is always a pleasure to hear from you. You know you can always drop me an e-mail and we will put the world to rights !

Take care,

Mike V

Poppy and British Legion Wanted
Old 16-05-22, 09:33 AM

Terry,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

you have expanded my collecting field and your help and advice is truly welcome not to mention new friends you have introduced me to.

Keep safe my friend

Steve
Old 16-05-22, 02:37 PM

Thank you all!

Terry
Old 16-05-22, 07:57 PM

Hey Quick draw!
I too like the others love our email chats.
You to have been most kind with your words regarding my daughter, and you also have been most generous gift wise, and I'll treasure the items you sent me.
My thoughts and prayers to your dear wife.
Take care, and that's to the bunnies as well!
Chris
Old 17-05-22, 01:11 AM

Hi all and especially Terry

I've had some really great exchanges with members on the Forum and they have taken my collecting to areas that I could never have dreamed of before joining.

My wife thinks that we are all a bunch of anoraks (hmmm...must take mine to the dry cleaners...) but the way that I can post something and frequently get a prompt, helpful, informative reply is very rewarding.

What's more, there's no "that'll be 5 quid, thanks".

So may we never lose our humanity, our willingness to help others, provide information or that long sought-after item or just be there to support each other.

Here's to the Forum and all our members, past and present!
Old 17-05-22, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Hi all and especially Terry

I've had some really great exchanges with members on the Forum and they have taken my collecting to areas that I could never have dreamed of before joining.

My wife thinks that we are all a bunch of anoraks (hmmm...must take mine to the dry cleaners...) but the way that I can post something and frequently get a prompt, helpful, informative reply is very rewarding.

What's more, there's no "that'll be 5 quid, thanks".

So may we never lose our humanity, our willingness to help others, provide information or that long sought-after item or just be there to support each other.

Here's to the Forum and all our members, past and present!
Well said! So many members have been most kind to me over the years, may that carry on for years to come for all.
Which reminds me, I must collect my anorak from the dry cleaners
Old 17-05-22, 10:33 AM

They've said mine will be ready Friday but I think that they might have lost it as they looked a bit evasive when I went to get it today....

And it was my fave one too!