British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Formation Signs and Patches

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 16-08-20, 04:57 PM

Default Trade Badge Question

I recently acquired these two "T" trade badges with the plain "T" being listed as a WW2 badge, but no designation on the "T" with wreath. I am wanting to know if they are both WW2 or neither WW2, or what time period?

Additionally, the plain "T" is on a lighter shade of khaki and I think it might be Canadian, while the smaller one is on a darker shade of khaki and am thinking it might be British?

Any thoughts or information is appreciated.

Terry
Old 16-08-20, 05:13 PM

They are both Canadian, unsure of the time frame.

Marc
Old 16-08-20, 07:17 PM

“Thank God the Guns!” As Mark says, they’re Canadian. “T” = Tradesman, Group C, “T in wreath” =Tradesman, Group B. Group A is same but with Crown over “T”. Rifle Regiments had same but black letters and motif on Red cloth. In use 1942-1945. On checking the size, (Looks like you have different sizes there), 43-45 badges were approx 2.5 inches in width. A smaller issue came out in 1953 untill 1956. Designation changed to “T”= Group 1, “T in wreath”=Group 2. “T with Crown over”=Group 3. “T in wreath with Crown over” = Group 4. Also as above for Rifle Regiments. Info from Darby Whitebone’s “The Sergeant Majors Book of Badges. (Book 9).
Old 17-08-20, 01:42 AM

Thank you gentlemen! I suspected the smaller one was probably post war as all the war time ones I've seen were the size of the plain "T" patch.

So, I need to find a Canadian wartime one with the wreath for my need.

Terry