British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 16-07-18, 10:59 AM

Default Horn

Hi guys , me again !

I initially though this was a post office badge but somebody at work said they didnt think it was. So then I thought maybe bandsman but not sure

If anybody knows and willing to help I am eternally grateful

I sell rather than collect , just to let you know.

Thanks for your time

HORN (1).jpg
Old 16-07-18, 11:44 AM

The badge is Belgian for the Carabiniers and is worn both on collars and shoulder straps.
Dave
Old 16-07-18, 06:05 PM

It may be Dutch rather than Belgian, depending on size. If Dutch it is a shoulder strap badge worn by the Rifle Guards (Garde Jagers). Their badges are normally held in place by two large ringed posts and a very thick cotter pin. Most of the Belgian badges are smaller and have wire or small rings to hold them in place.

Marc

Where do you sell your wares?
Old 16-07-18, 06:54 PM

I would say it is Belgian as the Dutch Garde Jager badges I have seen are not pierced where the Belgian ones are.
Dave
Old 16-07-18, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon166 View Post
I would say it is Belgian as the Dutch Garde Jager badges I have seen are not pierced where the Belgian ones are.
Dave
You are correct Dave, sorry for the confusion. I have just checked mine, the Dutch ones although some are pierced have a rope coil centre top and bottom.

Marc
Old 17-07-18, 08:47 AM

Dave and Marc thanks a lot for all the help as usual , I mainly sell on ebay but if you are interested feel free to make me an offer. (I hope this is allowed)

Thanks again guys , there has now been quite a few badges I would have been still stuck with without this forum.