British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Infantry

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 05-09-13, 06:34 PM

Default Pictou Highlanders

Hi...I have been collecting Canadian badges for several years and believe I have a nice collection...

I am looking for some information on two questions
1) Is Mazeas Book 1920-1950 one of the best guides for collecting and for CEF badges Babin's book. I under stand from other collectors there is a CD available I do not now much about this..Also post ww2 book by Roy Thompson. These are the 3 books I use..Are there better ones out in the market
2) Can any one tell me the difference between "Pictou Highlanders" cap badge Mazeas M.117 and the "Seaforth Highlanders Of Canada" M.109.I had different collectors tell me there is no difference and other collectors tell me the Pictou Highlanders is a brass Cap badge which I have never seen one.
Any information would be appreciated...

Thank-You...Michael
Old 05-09-13, 06:41 PM

Hi Michael, this subject has been discussed before,see link and Bill A's answer.
Jo
http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...ghlight=pictou

Some more informations.
http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...ghlight=pictou

“There are things we know that we know,” “There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.”
Donald Rumsfeld, before the Iraqi Invasion,2003.

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.
Old 05-09-13, 06:54 PM

Thank-you for that information...I am new to the form...How can I find these post. It is great information and I may be able to find reference material.

May seem like a silly question but how did you do the search to find the information..

Thank-You Michael
Old 05-09-13, 09:35 PM

Well, first you go to the top of the page and to the "search" item, then when it opens, you write key words about what you are looking for, in this case "Pictou" was sufficient, or "Pictou highlanders" could have done the job and click "go". In some cases you have to be more specific or use longer wording, like "Winnipeg" won't be enough but "Winnipeg Rifles will work and so on for different informations you might need. Then a "search results page" will show up with different levels of informations on your request THEN you have to do the research item by item........

I hope this will help you.
Jo

“There are things we know that we know,” “There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.”
Donald Rumsfeld, before the Iraqi Invasion,2003.

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.
Old 06-09-13, 04:58 AM

Appears there is a brass one on eBay at the moment. Not advocating buying it or not buying it, but you can say you've seen one

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/271271455582