British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Infantry

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 27-09-13, 01:55 AM

Default Edmonton Fusiliers copy?

Is this badge really a reproduction?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/WW-II-Canadia...item51b26e0962
Old 27-09-13, 03:57 AM

With the holes and voids in it, I'd guess yes, especially since here's another one just like it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Edmonton-Fus...-/331033468233
Old 27-09-13, 05:16 AM

I'm just surprised to see reproductions of this badge considering they are still relatively common. Sometimes I wonder what will become of my collection in the future when virtually everything will likely be reproduced...
Old 27-09-13, 06:14 AM

Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infanteer View Post
I'm just surprised to see reproductions of this badge considering they are still relatively common. Sometimes I wonder what will become of my collection in the future when virtually everything will likely be reproduced...
mad,
Have a look through many of the comments on this forum made about this very same topic. You i.e. Canadian collectors, have remained relatively unscathed by repro/copy/fakes of non-cloth badges for a long, long time. Unfortunately, "your" day is coming. British Army badge collectors have been plagued by these people for donkeys years - and they are getting better all the time. At least this Edmonton badge looks like a fake. Good luck and just be very, very careful and fussy about what you pay for. Regards, David
Old 27-09-13, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

There has been considerable "reproduction" of Canadian badges over the years. With interest in Canadian badges far less than that of British badges, the repro problem has been less of an issue, but it is still something which we need to be cautious. At least these offerings were marked copy, which will allow us to catalogue them. Some copies are now so embedded in collections and dealers' inventories that they are not challenged as reproduction. Some examples include many of the badges in the Bondy catalogue. http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...ighlight=Bondy