British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 02-04-17, 06:34 PM

£225. what price indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofacqms View Post
I was watching this little lot with some interest when I suddenly noticed the price increase, whilst I know the South Staffordshire Regt was involved with the airborne operation at Arnhem and there is a small glider badge included, I do wonder sometimes whether badge collecting has gone beyond the pockets of the average person.

Small wonder that there are few young collectors coming into the hobby, soon it will be the perogative of lottery winners and premier league footballers.

Rob

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...p2047675.l2565
Old 02-04-17, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Lots of SStaff battalions; and lots of them wore SStaffs plastic badges but they remain an 'airborne' item.
Old 02-04-17, 06:45 PM

I am just amazed, very clearly, some people have more money than sense!
Old 02-04-17, 07:24 PM

Unfortunately I was the underbidder, I knew what I was bidding on knowing the est. value of all 6 items and with regard to the Staffs title I knew on what where and when worn from Bn/Regtl histories and Veteran statements/ testimonies. I should of bid more as I wanted all 6 items but obviously I was being a cheapskate, I was fortunate a couple of weeks ago to pick up a printed Ox and Bucks title, again I done my homework and was lucky to get that for a reasonable price.
It has been interesting reading some of the opinions on here and I can understand why some may be inclined to keep their collections or information to themselves particularly when it seems some have no sense
Paul
Old 02-04-17, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Spellman View Post
Unfortunately I was the underbidder, I knew what I was bidding on knowing the est. value of all 6 items and with regard to the Staffs title I knew on what where and when worn from Bn/Regtl histories and Veteran statements/ testimonies. I should of bid more as I wanted all 6 items but obviously I was being a cheapskate, I was fortunate a couple of weeks ago to pick up a printed Ox and Bucks title, again I done my homework and was lucky to get that for a reasonable price.
It has been interesting reading some of the opinions on here and I can understand why some may be inclined to keep their collections or information to themselves particularly when it seems some have no sense
Paul
When it comes to buying badges for myself my view is this. Its my money, its my collection, if I want to pay £2, £20 or £200 for a badge then that's my business. If its something I want in my collection and I have the funds to pay for it, then I'll pay for it-the only person who will dictate to me what I buy and for how much is the wife!

So Paul, I stand behind your principles that you did your research, you knew what you were bidding on and you knew how much you wanted to pay.

At the end of the day its not really anyone's business to criticise anyone else for how they spend their money.

Ivan
Old 02-04-17, 11:50 PM

Default Einstein and all that

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/PRADA-men-sho...item4b144c3682

six months down the road, tenner at the charity shop

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...p2047675.l2565

six months down the road, money back guarantee

where is the sense in that ? mind you , I just had to have the red soled ones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg badger.jpg (15.1 KB, 3 views)