British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 14-10-22, 04:56 PM

Default Yeomanry regiment cap badges 2022?

Hi all, to follow on from my post and questions on 1979 yeomanry regiment cap badges, I'd like to enquire as to what cap badges are worn by yeomanry regiments in 2022?

I know there is the Royal Yeomanry, The Royal Wessex Yeomanry, Queen's Own Yeomanry and the Scottish and North Irish Yeomanry, but do they all wear the cap badge of their respective regiments, or do individual squadrons wear their own distinctive cap badges?

My interest in this is because my 1978/9 collection and display of all cap badges worn by all units of the British Army, represents the army as it was, when I first joined the Army Cadet Force and developed an ambition to join the army. According to my discharge certificate my reserve commitment ends on the 16th October 2022, so I would like to collect another display, representing the army as it is in 2022! Which I think will be an interesting comparison of the start and finish of a military career!

Many thanks in advance.

Tony
Old 14-10-22, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Tony

The Yeomanry have been firmly fixed on Regtl cap badges only and the diversions into sqn badges have been squashed out. The Army is being a lot stricter about badges and patches than it used to be.

Alan
Old 14-10-22, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan O View Post
Tony

The Yeomanry have been firmly fixed on Regtl cap badges only and the diversions into sqn badges have been squashed out. The Army is being a lot stricter about badges and patches than it used to be.

Alan
Cheers Alan, that makes collecting them a lot less complicated, thanks.
Old 14-10-22, 05:49 PM

It appears you can't be bothered to look at some of the boards posted in gallery and my album ,so will remove them A complete waste of time trying to help you
As information you requested is shown
Present 4 yeomanry regiments shown with cap badges and squadron collars

Last edited by 49lassiepen; 14-10-22 at 06:36 PM.
Old 14-10-22, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49lassiepen View Post
It appears you can't be bothered to look at some of the boards posted in gallery and my album ,so will remove them A complete waste of time trying to help you
As information you requested is shown
Present 4 yeomanry regiments shown with cap badges and squadron collars
Thanks for the attitude, much appreciated, If I wanted a childish hissy fit I would of asked my 10 year old daughter!
Old 14-10-22, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorbear View Post
Thanks for the attitude, much appreciated, If I wanted a childish hissy fit I would of asked my 10 year old daughter!
Personally I wouldn’t dismiss David’s input, but if your happy with Alan’s rock on
Old 14-10-22, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Spellman View Post
Personally I wouldn’t dismiss David’s input, but if your happy with Alan’s rock on
I haven't got a problem with anyone's input and appreciate all advice and help; I don't appreciate a poor unnecessary attitude, because I didn't look in the right place or didn't understand what I was looking at?
Old 14-10-22, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorbear View Post
I haven't got a problem with anyone's input and appreciate all advice and help; I don't appreciate a poor unnecessary attitude, because I didn't look in the right place or didn't understand what I was looking at?
Did you look at what he had shown properly, or are you waiting to be led by others
Old 14-10-22, 10:27 PM

Removed
David
Old 15-10-22, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

https://www.army.mod.uk/who-we-are/c...rmoured-corps/

The definitive list of which Yeomanry regiments exist today and their cap badges.
Old 15-10-22, 08:57 AM

Also a few seconds goggle would have given information /or photo of individual present yeomanry regiment would give photo evidence I find an interesting part of the hobby is carrying out research N.B -NOT A CHILDISH HISSY FIT
Old 15-10-22, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan O View Post
https://www.army.mod.uk/who-we-are/c...rmoured-corps/

The definitive list of which Yeomanry regiments exist today and their cap badges.
Thank you Alan, very much appreciated

Regards

Tony
Old 15-10-22, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49lassiepen View Post
Also a few seconds goggle would have given information /or photo of individual present yeomanry regiment would give photo evidence I find an interesting part of the hobby is carrying out research N.B -NOT A CHILDISH HISSY FIT
Wasn't looking for an argument, don't want and argument, but you have no right what's so ever, to dictate to me what my hobby should be, nor how I conduct it, or what questions I can ask, or of who! Thank you for your attempt to help me, it was actually appreciated, but I think it would be best for both of us, if you don't bother replying to any future post I may make! Good day to you. ENDEX!!
Old 15-10-22, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Spellman View Post
Did you look at what he had shown properly, or are you waiting to be led by others
I wasn't going to answer this, but I will. I looked in the album section but only found frames to infantry regiments! I though that maybe, he hadn't put them up yet? I didn't look in the gallery, as I've never really looked at that before and didn't realise they would be in there! When I did find them, as truly interesting as they are, I found many of the frames in poor focus and didn't really understand any better than before? And yes I did do a google search but it didn't really answer the questions I had in mind? But really the issue is, I belong to this forum, and have done for a long time, I have found it a very useful resource with many very knowledgeable people, more than happy to share their vast knowledge with others! What I don't expect is to simply ask a question, hoping to attain clarity on something I was finding confusing, and receive a reply accusing me of "Not bothering" and wasting peoples time! Yes I can google for an answer, or I can ask the question to knowledgeable people on the forum (Alan gave the exact answer I was looking for, without any fuss!) I don't see that any person, has any right, in any way or form, to dictate to me how I choose to carry out research, or who I should ask , or what I can ask or how well I should understand any information provided to me! I wasn't looking for an argument, I didn't ask for an argument, I don't want an argument, I simply wanted an answer to a question, I didn't ask for any highly strung , ranting diatribe accusing me of not bothering!, No one is compelled to reply to any post on here and if people cant, with an element of good grace, then simply don't! I come on here for fun, on this particular post, it has become anything but!

Regards

Tony
Old 15-10-22, 11:41 AM

1892 posts ,all I hope with good grace