British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 27-03-17, 08:30 PM

I will take all and post individual pics in an album as you suggest I have to say that this is very exciting to me lol.
Old 27-03-17, 08:46 PM

Rob keep the Certificate the Bronze Penny, and Medals all together do not split these as has happened in my own family and no one knows who has them and are lost! So keep safe and all together, if other family members have served as well at some point maybe these could be added with photos of recipient, this could take you by surprise in the number of family members who served, good luck billy
Old 27-03-17, 09:12 PM

Billy has just given you very wise and good advice that you would do well to heed.
Old 27-03-17, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy View Post
Rob keep the Certificate the Bronze Penny, and Medals all together do not split these as has happened in my own family and no one knows who has them and are lost! So keep safe and all together, if other family members have served as well at some point maybe these could be added with photos of recipient, this could take you by surprise in the number of family members who served, good luck billy
We have a pretty proud history of service in the family. I served as an Armoured Officer in the Canadian Armed Forces in to mid 80s. My father and 3 of my uncles were in the Royal Canadian Navy, My great uncle served in the Royal Canadian Navy during the Korean war. Both of my grandfathers served in Europe during WWII, My great grandfather served during WWI and my great great grandfather was in the British Army during the South African War. That is as far back as I have been able to go.
Old 28-03-17, 12:02 AM

Good to hear that the collection is with someone who appreciates the collection is not just bits of metal with value. From time to time we get new members who just want prices to put family inherited items on ebay. Regards, Paul.
Old 28-03-17, 05:15 AM

Exactly! Cap badges you can replace but Not Medals or what you have the Certificate and Bronze Penny, to go with them! Also and as important is you have knowledge of him and his deeds, these keep alive his memory. Good luck billy
Old 28-03-17, 08:57 AM

Location: I live in New Brighton on the Wirral, in the north West of England.

There are a bunch of trade badges in there as well Robbo. Off the top of my head; the crossed flags are signalers, crossed swords PT Instructor, crossed axes pioneer. crossed trumpets are a cavalry trumpeter. the wheel is a wheelright, the spur is a cavalry rough rider or instructor the Lyre is an army bandsman. The crown in the wreath is a warrent officer Most of these are standard right across the British army particularly at a time when almost all regiments where using horses. Hope this helps