British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 15-05-15, 09:58 PM

Smile The Lincolnshire Regiment GM pouch badge

Hi all,

I have heard of the all GM pouch badge to the Lincolnshire Regiment and have seen them offered on line but they never looked right. Recently a Lincolnshire regiment collection came up for sale and I bought a number of items including this one. It is a large badge 77x56mm and lugged. I think it is an ORs badge. I would be interested to know the dates it was worn. I initially thought it was a pre Royal Lincolnshire era badge worn pre-1946 but think it is post-1946 from the guide below from a photocopy of a 1948 photograph. The Egypt plinth is not in Old English script (pre-1946) but is Roman lettering as per post 1946 Royal Lincolnshire badges as per collar badges.

I have a photocopy (given to me a few years ago by a Lincolnshire Regiment collector with no original reference and cannot reproduce due to copyright) of a picture of the amalgamation parade of the (beret wearing) 1st and 2nd Battalions of the Royal Lincolnshire Regiment in Egypt that took place on 28th October 1948. Two NCO's with their backs to the photographer with white waist belts and gaiters/puttees have on their backs a large white pouch worn on a dark belt over their left shoulder. These pouches have a distinctive Sphinx badge on them. I think this is the badge I have shown here.

Cheers Dean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7204.jpg (70.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7205.jpg (53.3 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by mooke07; 16-05-15 at 07:08 AM.

Tags
lincolnshire, pouch