British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Military Buttons

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 09-03-14, 09:26 AM

Default Leeds Pals Military Buttons

Good morning,

Would any expert on the Leeds Pals care to comment on ebay item 271417330486 please.

These two buttons are being offered as World War I Leeds Pals, large white metal buttons. Did the Leeds Pals ever have their own buttons and, if so, are these those buttons? Or are they simply Leeds Police or Fire Brigade buttons?

Any thoughts most welcome.

Regards
Roger
Old 09-03-14, 10:31 AM

Roger

Google Leeds police that's what they appear to be

Regards

Stephen
Old 09-03-14, 11:28 AM

[QUOTE=Cribyn;253516]Good morning,

Would any expert on the Leeds Pals care to comment on ebay item 271417330486 please.

These two buttons are being offered as World War I Leeds Pals, large white metal buttons. Did the Leeds Pals ever have their own buttons and, if so, are these those buttons? Or are they simply Leeds Police or Fire Brigade buttons?

Any thoughts most welcome.

Regards
Roger[/QUOTE
No, no, no - these buttons have absolutely nothing whatever to do with the leeds pals. They are standard leeds corporation buttons worn by all sorts of organisations including tramways department - do t think that they were ever worn by leeds city police (as far as I know they wore a crown appropriate to the current monarch surrounded by the wording leeds city police).
Other ranks in the leeds pals wore bog standard general service buttons and offficers wore standard West Yorkshire regiment buttons
PL
Old 09-03-14, 11:59 AM

Hello

Thanks for the swift confirmation gents.

I was pretty sure the buttons were being (deliberately?) misrepresented but there is always a chance that there are some 'undiscovered' buttons out there somewhere!

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Roger

Tags
buttons, leeds pals