British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 12-06-19, 09:52 AM

Default 2nd Herefords brass shoulder titles

I recently acquired this set of shoulder titles for the Herefordshire Regiment (TA), with '2' for 2nd Battalion, as well as separate 'T'.

The seller acquired them from a gentleman who indicated that his grandfather served with the Herefords during WW2, as a CQMS. There were a number of other associated items, including printed and embroidered cloth shoulder titles, cap and collar badges, helmet transfers, 11th Armoured Div patches, programme for ceremony for Herefordshire Regt in 1945, TA lapel badge, rank crowns and medal ribbons. These items together would suggest that original owner served with both the 2nd Herefords and the 1st Herefords during 1939-1945.

I have never seen such a set of titles for the 2nd Battalion, and wondered if anyone might have further information on their use? or perhaps even photographic evidence?

I should mention that I have seen a similar title for the 1st Battalion (with filed down 'T' to make the '1') in a regimental museum newsletter. However, this indicates that that title was used during WW1; although this is with the full 'Herefordshire ', rather than 'Hereford' or 'Herefords'.