British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 14-12-10, 10:12 PM

Default 2VB THE QUEENS

Hi all
Has anyone got any opinions on this badge, the lugs seem to have no or very small feet and had those small pieces of fluff and dust in the back that you find on some badges that have been left somewhere for years, but i don't expect it to be any older than the 1980's.
Thanks Andy.

Last edited by magpie; 28-09-13 at 10:42 PM.
Old 14-12-10, 10:22 PM

Hello Alan,
I am unable to comment on this paricular badge as I am not qualified to do so. However are volunteer btns not WM or am I talking through my ar*e.
Tony.
Old 14-12-10, 10:32 PM
Mr. Jackanory

Have you been on the Queens Royal Surrey Regt website. In the toolbar on the left is a link to the history of the lamb.
The lugs look good on yours
Matti
Old 14-12-10, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
Hi all
Has anyone got any opinions on this badge, the lugs seem to have no or very small feet and had those small pieces of fluff and dust in the back that you find on some badges that have been left somewhere for years, but i don't expect it to be any older than the 1980's.
Thanks Andy.
Nothing wrong with that one Andy. I have an identical one, loops are a bit squashed but the placement is the same. I had mine checked out recently and were all given the thumbs up. A good pointer is the lamb is pretty plump, another is the ' which is clearly defined and doesn't blur into the N & S in Queen's.

Tony, nickel is usual but not universal for VB's and quite often you also find them blackened. The 2nd VB were originally the 4th Surrey RVC whose badge was a Maltese cross so they are a rifle regiment and blackened badges were worn. I have a 1st VB in both blackened brass and nickel as well as blackened helmet plates for both 1st & 2nd, also a blackened plate for the 4th but with a nickel cap badge. Confused ? Join the club!!
Old 15-12-10, 04:14 PM
Member 2008-16- Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
Hi all
Thanks Andy.
Hi Andy,

Hope this finds you well ?

Unusually, I have to disagree with the others on this one, it is all wrong, as I have said before, I think you should forward it to me for disposal, it's the only way to go I'm afraid......

Seriously, it's a lovely badge, one that anyone would like to own, well done mate.

Dave.
Old 15-12-10, 05:35 PM

Attached mine (like Andy's) and a regular fake, note the length of the tail and the lettering defects mentioned above. I'm more convinced it's a good badge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Queens 2VB.jpg (31.0 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by Keith Blakeman; 15-12-10 at 05:44 PM.
Old 15-12-10, 09:25 PM

Thanks tony,matti,keith and dave for your replies, i feel a bit more confident about this badge now, i thought it may be recognised fake but perhaps not after all (unless someone knows different). Matti the Queens Royal Surrey Regt website is a lot better than some that i have visited, thanks for the comparison photo's and the pointers keith
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Andy.
Old 15-12-10, 10:03 PM
Mr. Jackanory

Have you seen the dreaded golf-ball fleeced lamb on the website...makes me think 4th Bttn India 1914-19...
Matti