British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Royal Navy and Royal Marines

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 21-03-12, 06:32 PM

Default RN Marksman

My marksman badges
Old 21-03-12, 06:36 PM

forgot to add pic :-S
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP0437.jpg (70.8 KB, 33 views)
Old 21-03-12, 07:59 PM

We were always told that the most dangerous things were: an officer with a map and secondly a matelot with a gun!
Old 21-03-12, 08:07 PM

I will agree with that, the look of fear on the booties faces when i walked past with a GPMG :-D
Old 22-03-12, 01:29 PM

Default Don't upset Jolly Jack if he has a GPMG

Royal would probably have been a tadge concerned at seeing you wandering around with a lethal weapon - but if you were actually trying to shoot it at them they'd probably have felt safe as houses, just concerned for the well-being of those either side (or even behind) you
Old 22-03-12, 06:20 PM

What can i say, you must have seen me shoot
There a funny bunch but if you have to go somewhere hot and sandy i am glad it was with them.
Cheers Royal
Old 09-04-12, 10:46 AM

Fez

I've attached a few pics below of some other RN marksmanship badges. The first badge (blue & red on white) was awarded to members of the RN & RM who finished in the top 10 at the annual RN & RM Combat Shooting Competition at Bisley. It was never authorised for wear on any uniform. The small date badge was given at the same time to show the year in which the badge was awarded (only one large badge was supposed to be issued to any individual and any subsequent award was to just be the date badge). I think the issue of date badges stopped in approx 2004). The second badge is the new style RN & RM Top 10 badge and this was first issued in 2006/7. It was officially authorised for wear by the Naval Service Clothing Committee, on the combat jacket only, in 2008. The medal is the Queen's Medal (Her Majesty The Queen's Medal For Champion Shots of The Royal Navy & Royal Marines). The date bar signifies the year in which the medal was won, only one medal is ever awarded to any individual. This little snippet of info is for Ray - The RN & RM Queen's Medal has been won by members of the Royal Navy for the last 3 years

Paddy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0994.jpg (51.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 86 The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Top Ten Marksman's Badge (Cloth).jpg (100.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg QM Front 1.jpg (56.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg QM Rear 1.jpg (59.9 KB, 10 views)