British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 15-11-15, 08:47 PM
Administrator

The French presidential elections in 2017 are going to be very interesting.
Old 15-11-15, 08:51 PM

Steel French hearts that they may face battle.
Old 16-11-15, 02:07 PM

The Armee de l'air certainly do seem to be quite active at the moment, I suspect this will continue in the immediate future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
The scenario in France has now changed: France is at war. Full stop.
Next step?

GTB
Old 16-11-15, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kelley View Post
The Armee de l'air certainly do seem to be quite active at the moment, I suspect this will continue in the immediate future.
That is also significant, however I was thinking more along lines concerning the Home Front, specifically similar to an "Aliens Law" type of measure. With this, relatives,friends, compatriots et al to the nth generation be picked up and detained in concentration camps at the Republic's pleasure. No more leniency, no more talk of racial discrimination, etc, etc. Is the country at war or isn't it? If Isis could, it would exterminate us all. France is the first Western democracy to bear the brunt.

GTB
Old 16-11-15, 03:41 PM

Quote:
The scenario in France has now changed: France is at war. Full stop.
Next step?

What happened in Britain and USA when war was declared? Citizens of German, Italian & Japanese origin were interned. Here in Malta, the Colonial Government deported Maltese of Italian descent to Uganda.

Shouldn't take much to conclude what is required by the French authorities, else talk of being at war would be risible, as much as it pains me to say it.

GTB
Be realistic.

How many people resident in Malta were deported to Uganda in WW2? A few hundred? A few thousand?

Some estimates have as many as 7.7 million Muslims living in France, about 11% of the population. Quite apart from a very high % being born in France, the vast majority are innocent of any crime whatsoever.

A tiny % of Muslims are involved in terrorism, and logic must tell you that if this were not the case the terrible tragedy that took place last Friday would be as nothing compared to the bloodbath that would constantly be taking place.
Old 16-11-15, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWEF View Post
Be realistic.

How many people resident in Malta were deported to Uganda in WW2? A few hundred? A few thousand?

Some estimates have as many as 7.7 million Muslims living in France, about 11% of the population. Quite apart from a very high % being born in France, the vast majority are innocent of any crime whatsoever.

A tiny % of Muslims are involved in terrorism, and logic must tell you that if this were not the case the terrible tragedy that took place last Friday would be as nothing compared to the bloodbath that would constantly be taking place.
I beg to differ.

This scourge shouldn't be relegated to a logistical problem.

The amount of Maltese deported has nothing at all to do with it. It is the principle.

And as for 7.7 million Muslim residents, this amount surely doesn't fall within the net of suspects' families, relatives, friends and compatriots. But the sheer amount can breed complacency. And being French-born doesn't exonerate, as has been shown.

GYB
Old 16-11-15, 07:08 PM

Default E. Gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by appie_b View Post
If we do not do anything about the root cause, we will see more of these kind of attacks on European cities. It will be almost impossible to prevent this from happening.
My view is that attack is the best defense, we cannot and will not live in fear and let imbeciles attack our way of living.

Albert.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven...170220_1.4.jpg
Old 16-11-15, 07:54 PM

What, nuke the banlieues of Paris???

Rgds, Thomas.
Old 16-11-15, 10:41 PM

Quote:
I beg to differ.

This scourge shouldn't be relegated to a logistical problem.

The amount of Maltese deported has nothing at all to do with it. It is the principle.

And as for 7.7 million Muslim residents, this amount surely doesn't fall within the net of suspects' families, relatives, friends and compatriots. But the sheer amount can breed complacency. And being French-born doesn't exonerate, as has been shown.

GYB
The principle is flawed.

According to the BBC the brother of one of the terrorists was arrested and questioned. He has been released without any charge, as he is innocent and had nothing whatsoever to do with the attack.

Just because people are related does not mean that they share political ideas. A kinsman of Field Marshall Montgomery was a traitor.

Another man was a traitor in WW2, and was executed for it in 1945. The traitor was the son of a cabinet minister and had a brother. The brother had a "good war". He later became a Tory MP and married the daughter of a future prime minister.

By all means hunt down, and even execute, terrorists, but it is quite wrong to turn this tragedy in to some sort of a witch hunt. Your ideas would stretch resources to breaking point.

I would have hoped that the French security services would have been trying to find terrorists prior to last weeks attack, and I am fully confident that they will now step up their work.

Sadly, in a war, some of the enemy will achieve their aims. We are frequently told how many attacks the British have foiled, seven in the last few months, and I am sure that the French have done the same.

Last edited by BWEF; 17-11-15 at 09:26 AM.
Old 17-11-15, 02:42 AM

What bothers me the most is that the answers we seek are right in front of us! The Mosques and Muslim communities. Where is the outcry from any Muslim country, Mosque or community as to shaming the terrorists who defame the religion of "peaceful" Islam? The Muslim communities KNOW who the bad guys are but are quite content to hide them. Anyone who cannot see this is living in a make-believe world. And as to that fact, there is plenty of evidence that some Politicians in in ALL of the so-called Western world countries are furthering the Muslim cause by actually promoting and changing laws to accommodate the invaders, even to the detriment of those who's social system has been in existence for hundreds of years. I can see a long battle starting in the not too distant future. A long and bloody battle! I fear for my Grandchildren! Remember, it took the Spaniards over 400 years to get rid of them as Rulers! Start shaming our own Politicians who subscribe to welcoming this despicable influx of an ideology determined to over through our way of life. Respectfully, David J.
Old 17-11-15, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artynut View Post
What bothers me the most is that the answers we seek are right in front of us! The Mosques and Muslim communities. Where is the outcry from any Muslim country, Mosque or community as to shaming the terrorists who defame the religion of "peaceful" Islam? The =J.
Outcy from French Muslims:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFy_Fakdv0U

Outcry from worldwide Muslims

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ial-media.html
Old 17-11-15, 11:43 AM

Integration certainly does not seem to work well in many places, Molenbeek being a notable case in point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by appie_b View Post
The root cause lays with groups who use their own distorted version of islam to brainwash and influence people for their own goals. These groups must be eliminated by combined force.
And we should take a good hard honest look at why integration does not really work and these people, who live among us, are so easy to influence and do not hesitate to use barbaric force against innocent people.

Albert.
Old 18-11-15, 01:51 AM
Banned

I will say this and I will also add that I am not interested in a discussion or argument on this subject on this forum however feel free to express your opinion and call me a racist or bigot or whatever.
The problem with the vast majority of non muslims is they don't understand islam, have never researched it and yet have fervent opinions one way or the other on the subject.
Islam is not just a religion, it's a political, social and religious ideology and sharia is it's laws that's why it should never be allowed to be accepted by any non-islamic governments as a religion. Most democracies separate religion from state, in islam there is no such separation.
Old 18-11-15, 03:30 AM

You might have had a better line of argument if you had been quoting from mainstream media rather than the "Australian Liberty Alliance".

Hardly the honest broker:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/new-a...31-giol8k.html