British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 15-05-08, 03:36 PM
Member 2008-2010 Rest in Peace

Default Uniforms

I have collected a few uniforms (battle dress) and I've noticed some have more pleats than others, I don't have many 39-45 but I have quite a few of the 50's I bought them to outfit in WW2 regalia & display them in the Legion,The visitors can't tell one date from another & they love them They cause much conversation. but here are a few WW2 Clive would like one in patricular It's a Irish Regiment of canada a co-worker gave it to me it was his he iwas wounded twice,but he is missing a ribbon & I wonder why. anyway here they are. I will send them in 3 lots ,I don't know the limit on this forum.
The question I'm raising is what determined the no. of pleats, date obviously, but did the individual soldiers hve them customized? This fellow is missing the FRANCE & GERMANY STAR looks like. WHY? Ray
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C7Y2.jpg (56.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg C7Y 1.jpg (50.7 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by boots and saddles; 15-05-08 at 04:11 PM.
Old 15-05-08, 05:49 PM

Hello Ray, here's my 2 cents. I was told that returning soldiers had their BD "retailored" by the regimental tailor for a better fit when walking-out and also those are the BD most soldiers came back to Canada with. As for your Irish BD the one guy who would love to have it is Pylon1357, Clifford is the "guy" for anything irish. For the missing War Medal ribbon, it could be that the soldier returned home before they were issued.
Hoping it will help.
Jo
Old 16-05-08, 01:21 AM
Member 2008-2010 Rest in Peace

THANKS Jocelyn
That could be the answer because he was wounded the second time. I'm not sure if the second one happened in Italy or Europe. Yes pylon is who I meant. Ray