British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 03-01-10, 03:28 AM

Default Repro badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyn vdSchee View Post
The guy's name was Hugh Bondy, of Belleville, Ontario, and he was eventually driven out of business by other collectors who threatened him with all sorts of dire consequences if he did not cease and desist.
Wyn
Though I understand the scorn for the now passed on Hugh Bondy, one has to ask what happened to all his stuff. The people that were leading the charge against Mr Bondy are now the people selling this same stuff at the shows but have not marked them as copy or repro or anything. So I guess that what was good for the goose was good for the gander? I was not a personal friend of Mr Bondy so I have nothing to gain from this post. But if you scratch the surface you will find readily at any Ontario show the major dealers who are selling this stuff and not saying anything about it. It should make you think
Dave
Old 03-01-10, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britbadge View Post
Question: What can one expect to pay (fair price) for an Osgoode Hall COTC badge and any tips on this clown's reproductions - where they original dies or are they somewaht cude.

Best regards,

Britbadge
I've had both the large and small for 15 years or more. Memory suggests that I paid a couple of hundred each for them, maybe more.

I also have one that I got relatively cheaply from a chap in Elk Lake, Manitoba along with a cocked up shoulder flash [spelling "Osgood" and colour were wrong] as a copy that was a single die type strike.

If COTC is your interest, PM me and we should talk.

cheers,
phil

Last edited by militarycross; 03-01-10 at 04:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-01-10, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishhorse View Post
Bill here is the Irish Regiment of Canada copy. There is no markings on the back, and its construction is unlike the correct officer's badge. I also seen a sporren badge to this regiment, (don't remember if was QC or KC) but it was marked COPY. I wanted to buy this badge, but the seller (on Lakeshore Blvd. Toronto) on seeing it was a copy put it in the rubbish !.
I Have seen this particular style of copy before. I do have one marked as such for references.

Honestly, these badges bother me, in part due to lack of information on Irish Regiment of Canada insignia.

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
Old 03-01-10, 07:07 PM

I have a couple of the badges mentioned and paid good money on the Argyll Light Infantry. I would love to see pics of real ones to try and compare if possible or send pics of the ones in question to someone who knows more than me. Any suggestions.
Old 03-01-10, 07:25 PM

http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/can...ntry/index.htm

is an image that you might find useful.

cheers,
phil
Old 03-01-10, 09:22 PM

Highlandas - I can help out. Check your PM's.