British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

   

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

 Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH
 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 26-10-21, 09:21 PM
RichardP RichardP is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Essex
Posts: 4
Default New Member

Hello, my name is Richard currently living in darkest Essex.
Iím a retired RAF/Police/Border Force man and a collector of bronze OSD and RFC/RAF badges the roots of which started with my Grandfather, a Boer and WW1 and amazingly a WW2 veteran who started a very eclectic badge collection. Iíve had a pleasant rummage around various forum threads especially Air Force related subjects.
If l can work out how to download photos from my l phone Iíll submit some questions. Is their a idiots guide anywhere?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 27-10-21, 11:31 AM
Bill A's Avatar
Bill A Bill A is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,109
Default

Hello RichardP, welcome to the Forum. Your account is active and open for posts.
Information re image posting can be found here:
https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...b3_attachments
__________________
Res ipsa loquitur
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 27-10-21, 01:15 PM
54Bty's Avatar
54Bty 54Bty is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: London, England
Posts: 5,843
Default

Welcome Richard, you will soon get the hang of it.

Which Border?

Marc
__________________
I am still looking for the Army Formation cloth sleeve badges and a few others from the Sultanate of Oman.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 27-10-21, 01:34 PM
gb64's Avatar
gb64 gb64 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bedfordshire
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
Hello, my name is Richard currently living in darkest Essex.
Iím a retired RAF/Police/Border Force man and a collector of bronze OSD and RFC/RAF badges the roots of which started with my Grandfather, a Boer and WW1 and amazingly a WW2 veteran who started a very eclectic badge collection. Iíve had a pleasant rummage around various forum threads especially Air Force related subjects.
If l can work out how to download photos from my l phone Iíll submit some questions. Is their a idiots guide anywhere?
Hello Richard, welcome to the forum, plenty of very knowledgeable members here.My Grandfather was also Boer & WW1( to old for WW11) what regiment was your grandfather in ?

Gerard
__________________
Always interested in buying cap badges to the Middlesex Regt-Hertfordshire Regt-The Rifle Brigade
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 27-10-21, 01:50 PM
mike_vee's Avatar
mike_vee mike_vee is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Uxbridge
Posts: 2,732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
If l can work out how to download photos from my l phone Iíll submit some questions. Is their a idiots guide anywhere?
You may discover that some of the photos you post may be 'rotated' , this seems to happen automatically with some I phones.

.
__________________
British Legion/Royal British Legion , Poppy/Remembrance/Commemorative.

Poppy and British Legion Wanted & Spares for sale/swap
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 28-10-21, 07:35 PM
Artynut Artynut is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 761
Default Your photoís

Richard, Iíve sent you a rather long PM, check it out.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 20-11-21, 08:39 PM
RichardP RichardP is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Essex
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Bty View Post
Welcome Richard, you will soon get the hang of it.

Which Border?

Marc
Hello Marc,
Dover and various airports. 17 years serving in BF after 22 years RAF.
Cheers Richard
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 20-11-21, 08:49 PM
RichardP RichardP is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Essex
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Bty View Post
Welcome Richard, you will soon get the hang of it.

Which Border?

Marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by gb64 View Post
Hello Richard, welcome to the forum, plenty of very knowledgeable members here.My Grandfather was also Boer & WW1( to old for WW11) what regiment was your grandfather in ?

Gerard
Hello Gerard, Boer War with IY Rough Riders, WW1 the Army Cyclist Corp (Gallipoli and Palestine) and WW2 AIF in charge of a Ambulance Train bring casualtyís from the New Guinea battles.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 20-11-21, 09:01 PM
RichardP RichardP is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Essex
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artynut View Post
Richard, Iíve sent you a rather long PM, check it out.
Thanks most helpful. First task is trying to confirm if a bronze Royal Scots Fusiliers Officer badge is the genuine article hopefully someone in the forum can say yay or nay!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 21-11-21, 02:28 PM
grenadierguardsman's Avatar
grenadierguardsman grenadierguardsman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 3,390
Default

Welcome.
Andy
__________________
Leave to carry on Sir please.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 27-11-21, 02:05 AM
Noiseboyz3 Noiseboyz3 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa, ON Canada
Posts: 157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_vee View Post
You may discover that some of the photos you post may be 'rotated' , this seems to happen automatically with some I phones.

.
I have had this same orientation problem. When this occurs I go to the photo in the photo app, enter edit mode, rotate the photo 180 degrees, save the changes, enter edit mode again, rotate the photo back to the correct orientation and save the changes again. Now when I load the photo into a message it appears correctly.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:22 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.