British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Royal Navy and Royal Marines

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 01-11-12, 03:56 PM

Default Royal Marine Artillery Officer's Pouch Badge

Hello All

A slightly different approach to a thread I instigated a few days ago asking for a picture of an item sold at Bosleys recently.

I bought the badge shown below on ebay from a respected dealer (and possibly forum member) a few days ago. The badge(s) was described as a Royal Marine Artillery Victorian Officer's Pouch Belt Badge. I am very happy with both parts of the badge and believe they are both 100% genuine, all damage etc was detailed by the seller and I would happily buy from them again. My only problem is that I have never seen the 2 parts worn together like this so would love to see a picture of it being worn or an example in someone else's collection. Although I've never seen the 2 parts together I bought the badge rather than let it go and kick myself afterwards.

The crossed cannons are larger than those worn on the 2 part cap badge with bullion lower part and they have screw posts as you would expect for a pouch/belt badge, I have also seen a picture of this part on a sabretache. The upper part is the part that is confusing me. I have seen RM pouch/belt badges with the QVC & Lion but not on a grenade. I have seen pictures/sketches of a QVC & Lion on a grenade but this was a RMLI bandmaster's badge K&K 1114 and there are quite a few differences, especially the design of flames.

Does anyone have any photographic evidence of these 2 parts being worn together to satisfy my curiosity.

Many thanks in advance.

Paddy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN6964.jpg (72.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN6969.jpg (67.1 KB, 22 views)